Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

The meaning of Easter is different this year. Because of what Jesus did for us, I have hope.

" It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end." -John 13:1

We all know that God loves us.  But do we truly know it, feel it, and believe it with all of our hearts?  I think it's only since Nathan has died that I can see the depth of God's love for us, which is something that has taken me a while just to wrap my brain around. . .

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

He gave his one and only son to bear the sins of an entire world. 

I love Nathan more than I could even say. Not having him here hurts every single day. But would I ever give up my son the way that God gave His?  No. Not in a million years.  I'd take his place if I could, but give him up, no. 


So it's only through knowing the pain of losing my son that I am able to really see God's love for us and Jesus' love in choosing to die for us.  Knowing this brings new meaning to this verse:

Jesus said, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." -John 15:12



Jesus paid the price so that we might all have eternal life. . .

Jesus said, "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." -John 14:2-3

Heaven.  That's where Nathan is.

And when the stone was rolled away from Jesus' tomb, the angel said,
"He is not here for he has risen, just as he said." -Matthew 28:6

Because Jesus has risen and death had no hold on Him, I have hope.  I will see Nathan again one day.

1 comment:

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .