Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's My SITS Day!

Welcome, welcome! Coffee, anyone?




Today is a very special day because it is my turn to be featured on SITS!




If you don't know what SITS is, it is a network of women bloggers who support one another through comments.
I've met so many great people who have become my bloggy friends through SITS, and now I am so excited that it is my day!

So what can I tell you about myself?....

My name is Jolene and I've been married to Miguel for almost 7 years now. We have 2 kids. Elizabeth is 6 and Michael is 1.

I just graduated last month with a B.A. in English and since then I have been halfheartedly searching for a job. I say halfheartedly because although I am really trying to find a job, I am also enjoying distraction free time with my kids since I am no longer worrying about getting school work done. That, and there really aren't many jobs right now. So although I have been discouraged, I am hopeful that the right job will come along at the right time.

We are a family that loves to have fun and to laugh, all while enjoying the little things in life.

Thanks for stopping by!

199 comments:

  1. congrats on your SITS day! Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a featured SITSta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.comJuly 30, 2009 at 12:10 AM

    well congrats on your SITS day and on your graduation. you go girl.
    I am sure God will provide for you when the time is right. in the mean time you can be with your baby's and prepare for that move.
    Cheers
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and Good Luck! When I finished college I taught at a woman's prison and a center for troubled children. You can ease you away from children a little at a time, build your work experience, help others and open doors for your own future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your SITS day Jolene!

    Your blog is wonderful! I'll be back to check it out further.

    Have a blessed day.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Great blog! I'll be reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your SITS day! The blog is lovely, I love the design and layout! Your kidos are gorgeous :)

    And like you, I can't live without my coffee maker ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a fab day in the SITS Spotlight! : ) Adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the BA and on being SITSTAR for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on sitting On SITS lol :) gr8 blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are enjpying your SISTta day..
    Congrats on the move I hope it goes smooth..

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice meeting you and congrats on your sits day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congratulations Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy SITS day...lovely post, I love the coffee pic. It's nice you can enjoy being with your children for a bit before settling into a new job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy SITS FB Day!!! Best of luck with your move "home". Sounds like it will be great for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your SITS day!

    Don't stress the job thing too much - they come when they're supposed to come.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy SITS day! Hope you don't mind all of us ladies trampling through your house. Have a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping over from SITS. Congrats on getting this SITS Day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy SITS day! Have so much fun! And good luck moving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your SITS day! I hope you have a wonderful day today-- please be sure and stop by and ENTER my giveaway!! :)

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy SITS Day!!!! Enjoy your special day and all the bloggy love comin your way!

    (hey that ryhmes!)

    Anyway, love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being featured! I've been snooping around. I see your husband was laid off the end of last year. I hope things are going better for you now. My husband was laid off in Feb. so I now how you feel. I also mentioned you on my blog today because I took the accent quiz (I told you I was snooping:)

    Have a wonderful SITS day!
    Cindy
    www.chalkaboutit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoo Hoo...congrats fellow SITSta! And good luck with the move...we're moving in 3 weeks and I'm dreading the packing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy SITS day! I love your blog! You all are such an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your SITS Day! Very sweet blog. I'm glad I got here relatively early to say good morning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on being featured and the move!
    I have to say that I love your layout. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy SITS day!

    Steph @ pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy SITS day! Congrats on completing your BA in English, and good luck on your upcoming move!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your SITS Day!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have a wonderful day! It's so much fun to get all of the comments and meet so many new bloggers. Getting back to everyone is tough but a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on your SITS day Jolene! Hope you enjoy it! Congratulations as well on your BA. I know it is a hard time to find a job, but something will work out. Everything happens for a reason. Enjoy this time with your kids! Sounds like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have a gorgeous blog! Congrats on your SITS day. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! Happy SITS day and congratulations on being the choosen one :) ! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy SITS day! And, happy 18-month b-day to your son. My youngest just turned 15 months and I think I have whiplash it happened so fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. happy, happy SITS day! enjoy this time you have with the blanky-bandit & no-lies-Eliz. it goes by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy SITS day! Wishes for lots of bloggy love today :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy SITS Day! Your blog is really fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrat's on SITS day. I am sure you will find work with your education.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hope that you are enjoying your day in the spotlight. What cute kiddos you have. Off to go and read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Greetings & Salutations, and congrats on your SITS Day in the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations for being recognized on SITS!!!! Love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  42. congrats on the big SITS day! you deserve it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi, Congratulations on that BA and being featured! You enjoy being with your little ones for as long as you can:) Your right the right job will come along when your least expecting it:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats on your SITS day! Good Luck in the job search.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on your SITS day, hope you enjoy it!! And Congrats on finishing your BA:)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats to you! How fun. I love your blog and hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. WooHoo! Congrats on being featured. Oh and I heart coffee and reading too!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Happy happy day to be featured on SITS! I came in through the SITStahood link.

    Congratulations also on your recent graduation, and best of luck with your move. Look forward to knowing you better! Come visit my blog too.. Glad to know you are out there!

    http://pursuingharmony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Good morning! Stopping by from SITS to congratulate you on your special day - and your recent graduation!

    College is hard enough without a family, so kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congrats on your special day! Your little blanket snatcher is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Congrats on your SITS day! I love your writing style :) Humor is always good! Good luck on your move & have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  52. well, if you like coffee, i'm your friend! good deal. enjoy your featured blogger day...and kiss those kiddos of yours.

    i'm off to look around...

    ReplyDelete
  53. Congrats on your SITS day! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Happy SITS day to you, Jolene.
    I hope it's an absolutely wonderful day.
    Cogratulations on getting your B.A. That is quite an accomplishment and I know everyone is very proud of you!
    Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Jolene. Congrats on SITS day and good luck with your move. You're gonna be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congrats on your SITS day!

    I know firsthand that it's hard to search for a job these days, but I am confident that you will find the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Congrats on being SITS FB blogger. And congrats on your recent graduation. What an amazing accomplishment - especially since you are a mom and wife, too! Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it. Off to read your other posts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Congratulations on your SITS day! Your blog is beautiful, as are you and your sweet family. I enjoyed my visit. Come and see me sometime, too!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Just stopping by from SITS :)

    Great Blog

    ReplyDelete
  60. congrats! hope you enjoy your day! would love it if you come visit me at: http://puertabella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congratulations! Just stopping by from SITS...great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Congrats on being saucy today!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi There! I LOVE your blog! I'm off to read your featured entries. Congratulations on being a FB!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Congrats on being featured blogger. Loved the one about the Blanket Bandit. He is too cute. I bet he was so happy when that blankie came out of the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Awesome blog. I am here checking you out for SITS day. I am also following you now and will check back often.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Congrats on being the FB today and just graduating! That is huge! Good luck in your job search. I know things are touch right now but that is a great wayt to look at it and enjoy the time with your family.

    Love your blog, I'm off to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Congratulations on your feature, today! You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love your coffee heart image. Too cute! Congrats on your SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hello to a fellow English major! It's so nice to see well-composed writing on the web. :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. What an adorable blog! Happy SITS Day!

    ♥ Katie

    The Skinny On Getting Skinny

    ReplyDelete
  71. Congrats on your big day! What a nice blog! Oooh a coffee addict...yippee! I am right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Congratulations for being a SITS featured blogger! You seem to have an excellent outlook on life--enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  73. congrats on your degree and on your SITS featured day :) hope it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Good morning!! Congrats on being the featured SITSa today!! I hope you have a great day in the spotlight with lots and lots of comment love.
    Congrats to on graduating and good luck on the job front!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Congrats on being a featured SITSta!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Yay! Happy SITS day!

    Off to read your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Happy SITS day! Just wanted to come by an say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Happy SITS Day! I just love the heart shape inside the coffee cup. How did you manage to capture that.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Good luck with finding the right job! I am in the same boat, and will have to substitute teach until then :(

    Off to check out more of your blog! Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  80. It's really neat how many of us "run" in the same circles. Havent visited your blog yet. Look forward to reading some posts.

    Enjoy your time off....don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Yay! Congratulations to you on being the SITS featured blogger today. Enjoy it, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Greetings from Sits! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Happy SITS day!!! Your family is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hi Jolene, Congrats on your SITS Day! Very nice to meet you. Congrats to you on getting your B.A Your right the right job will come along at the right time. Good Luck finding that job. In the meantime enjoy spending time with your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Congrats on graduating, that is exciting! The kiddos are So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Happy SITS day! enjoyed visiting your blog. have a great day!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hi Jolene! I've had a great time here today just hanging out. Hope your Featured Day is all that and more. It's so exciting! Great job on the posts and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  88. What fun to be chosen today!! I stopped over from SITS to congratulate you, and what a darling blog you have girl! I adore the fun background as well. :)

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  89. What yum coffee picture! I have a MA in English. I want a good job, too! We should pray about it, believe in it, and be in agreement it together? I'll be praying for you!

    Enjoy your SITS day to shine. It's rainy and cloudy here, but you can still get a burn on a cloudy day!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Congrats on being the FB. And congrats on graduating that is a great as is being married for 7 years. I'm enjoying what I am reading so far and am about to dig in further to see what you're about!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Congratulations on your big day.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Congratulations on your special day! Hope you get lots of visits from SITS. I love your blog, and your children are gorgeous!! Congratulations on achieving your graduation from college - that is fabulous!! I, too, am a migraine sufferer, so I completely understand everything you go through. I look forward to reading more of your blog as I have become a follower.
    Enjoy your special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Happy SITS day to you:) Enjoy your day. Hope you meet lots of new friends today:)

    ReplyDelete
  94. What a beautiful place you have here! And cofffee? Most definitely!Happy SITSday!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Happy SITS Day! I'm a 10th grade English teacher. Never a dull moment (OK, a few dull ones, like meetings). Looking for a teaching job?

    ReplyDelete
  96. Congrats on your SITS day!!

    I love the picture of the coffee, it is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Congratulations on your SITS day. And a very big congratulations on your BA!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Congrats on your SITS day!

    And congrats on your BA! That's a big accomplishment alone, without the added pressures of being a wife and a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Congratulations on your SITS day! Two of my kids are the same ages as yours-6 and 1. Have a great day and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Happy SITS day! Love your blog. The background is beautiful! I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Congrats on your SITS day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Congratulations on your big SITS day!!! Hope it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Hi Jolene! Lady, we have SO much in common! I've only read a few of your entries and already I see a ton of similarities! I finished my B.A. with 2 young children, we are a sports family, my daughter started playing basketball when she was 8, and she always took her little brown stool everywhere! Too cute! I'm following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  104. Cute Blog. Congrats on being the Featured Blogger today! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Oh, and I too am ADDICTED to coffee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Adorable blog!

    Happy happy SITS DAY to you! I hope you enjoy every second of it.

    Come visit, I love guests!

    ReplyDelete
  107. HAPPY SITS DAY! I hope you enjoy your special day. I'm new to SITS and blogging in general so I'm loving getting to know everyone.

    Good luck with your move. I hope everything goes well for you and your beautiful family.

    Blessings,

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  108. Congrats on your SITS day, I absolutely LOVE the design of your blog, Bravo!
    Looking forward to reading more and love to see you on our blog too!
    Cheers!
    www.conquerthemonkey.com
    common sense advice for a complicated world

    ReplyDelete
  109. Happy SITS day from a fellow reader, lover of family, and coffee addict!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Congrats on Being Featured.. Great job! simply FABULOUS...

    XO,
    TFF

    ReplyDelete
  111. Congrads for being the SITS gal of the day! Cute blog!
    xo,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  112. Congrats on your SITS day!! What an honor and love your blog - it is lovely!!

    Happy Thursday to you -

    ReplyDelete
  113. Woo!....
    So sorry I'm late today......been a busy morning. :-)

    Anyway...
    Congratulations on your day in the SITS sun!

    I hope your day is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  114. Congrats on you SiTS day, and graduating!!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Congrats - so nice to meet you!!! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Happy SITS Day!!!! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  117. Congratulations on your SITS day! I am looking forward to taking a peak at your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Happy SITS Day to you! :0) I hope you find work soon! It's sounds like you've been able to keep you chin up. Laughter is good!

    ReplyDelete
  119. Happy Sits Day! Congrats your BA

    ReplyDelete
  120. You're two kids are so adorable! I have a fiance who's a real video game addict too. :)

    Congrats on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  121. You are my first Sits post since joining. I am so excited and happy that you have your Sits Day! I completly understand about half heartedly looking for a job. Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Congratulations on your SITs feature! I hope you are enjoying your day in the sun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  123. Congrats on graduating!

    I'm done with my associates and totally enjoying the time off with my daughter :)

    Can't wait to get to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  124. Your children are beautiful. Congratulations on your SITS featured blogger day and congratulations on earning your degree. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  125. many congrats on your feature today!

    tiarastantrums.com

    ReplyDelete
  126. Congrats on being FB!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  127. congrats on being the SITS FB and all congrats on your completed studies!

    ReplyDelete
  128. Nice blog and beautiful kids! Have a great day and enjoy being feature on SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  129. Congrats on your SITS day! I LOVE your blog. Mind sharing some tips??

    ReplyDelete
  130. CONGRATULATIONS on being today's featured blogger! :D

    from SITS. :)

    Don't give up. You will find a job if you keep trying. :) I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Congrats on being FB today! I hope you enjoy your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Hi Jolene,

    How very nice to meet you! I've come with cookies and tea (figuratively speaking, of course) to wish you congratulations on being today's featured blogger.

    Hey, is that Ziggy I see in your tool bar? Or some weird offshoot of him?

    So, if you have a free minute come on by my blog and enter my giveaway for a Rachel Ray 10-piece cookware set (pssst, don't tell anybody else about it though, this is just for your eyes only!) The drawing ends on Sunday.

    Congratulations again! Nice place you got here.

    - Margaret

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  133. Congrats! Your blog is beautiful! :) Best of luck to you in your job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Grats on your SITS days! Visit me some time!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Wishing you a scent-sational day in the SITS limelight! I hope all goes well with the move.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  136. Happy featured day. Off to check out your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  137. You and your kids are absolutely precious!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  138. Stopping by from SITS to say HI!

    Wendy
    Bumblebees and Bugladies

    ReplyDelete
  139. Hi there!

    Congrats on the spotlight and on your B.A. (I've been in school for a long time now, and it's exciting to finally see an end in sight!) Best of luck with your job search.

    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  140. Just dropping by to say congrats on your SITS day!! I love your blog!! Have a great day!

    -Jules

    www.mommyramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. Hi Jolene...
    What a very cool blog you have. Thank you for that yummy coffee. Can't stand a morning with out it. I LOVE a whole-milk latte. See you!

    ReplyDelete
  142. Happy SITS Day to you!!!!! Great blog.=)

    ReplyDelete
  143. happy sits day ... and congrats on your degree!

    ReplyDelete
  144. Congrats, did you photoshop that coffee or is it real? I love to belive that it is real so i will continue to do so.

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  145. Not sure what I did.... doing it again...

    love the coffee, and i wil continue to believe that it really happened no matter what you say.

    Congrats on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Jolene- I just love your name! I makes me start singing that Dolly Parton song. I bet you have heard that a lot.
    Anyhoo, Happy SITS day. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  147. You have such a CUTE blog...
    Happy SITS day to ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  148. Happy SITS day!!!! I hope you feel like a princess all day!!! Can't wait to take a peek around!!

    ReplyDelete
  149. Hi! Swinging by from SITS and just wanted to say hello. I really love the look of your blog. I like the colors & the wallpaper. I am off to read some of your posts now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  150. Congrats on your big day! Love the wallpaper on your blog! Hurricane Michael is a cutie! Good luck in the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  151. Gratz on your SITS Day! Your kids are adorable and don't worry the right job for you will come along. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  152. Well done on being a featured sits blog! Your son is gorgeous and the same age as my oldest daughter! It's a great age:)

    ReplyDelete
  153. congrats on being chosen SITS FB yesterday. Sorry I'm late coming by. You have a great blog. Looking forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  154. I'm also late to the party. I hope you enjoyed your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  155. Happy SITS day! sorry I'm late but so glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Congratulations!

    For having the FB. And for getting your degree.

    I have a degree in English, too.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  157. WE HAVE SEVERAL OF THE SAME ADDICTIONS, YOU AND I! GLAD YOU HAD A BUSY SITS DAY, AND GOOD LUCK ON THE MOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Happy SITS day - really nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  159. I am sorry I missed it! Hope you had a great comment-filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  160. Stopping by from SITS! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  161. Stopping by via SITS. Very cute blog you have here. Come on over and visit me! I'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  162. You must still be recovering from your sits day to post anything new! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .