Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Blanket Bandit is Caught Red-Handed

Michael's favorite blanket was getting mighty stinky, so I decided to throw it in the washer, along with some other blankets.
I loaded the blankets in the washer, closed the door, and went to the cabinet to get detergent.
When I came back, THIS is what I found:

A BLANKET SNATCHER!!!



He might be cute, but he's still a criminal.



He thought he could steal his stinky blanket out of the washer and get away with it..


I put the blanket right back into the washer, but The Blanket Bandit was not very happy about it..



Since the door was now locked...The Blanket Bandit just had to wait for his blanket to be washed.





And 20 minutes later, he was still waiting....







123 comments:

  1. haha! That's too cute! He's determined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is sooo cute! He knows what he wants and he wants it NOW. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! My youngest is four, and he still hates for his favorite blankie to be washed...

    I'm cracking up over your pictures, 'cause it looks like my house. My laundry set-up is the exact same. Is that a guest bathroom off to the left? That's how mine is set up. Too funny.

    Your little guy is so cute. I'm stopping by from SITS...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a cutie pie, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from SITS...
    That is the way my HUSBAND acts when I wash his favorite pillow! LOL

    cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute! The kids I nanny for are the same way so now I throw a stuffed animal in the wash with it and they are quite entertained to sit there and watch the stuffed animal go 'round and 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! What a wee sweetheart. Happy SITS day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute!!! My Alex loved her "NaNa" (aka bunny) so much and when I had to wash it she would just sit next to the machines and CRYYYYYY!!!!! It was pitiful and kinda funny at the same time.

    I didn't think to take pictures though............{{sad}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Poor him! I bet he was pretty anxious watching his blankie. Wonder what went through his head.

    Be sure and enter my giveaway! And stop by and leave a comment!

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi www.Greedygirlsguide.com here checking from SITS

    Very cute story and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! He knows what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi from SITS!

    SO cute! How dare you steal his blanket away from him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the cutest thing ever!

    Congrats on being SITS' fb. Enjoy your big day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is adorable...you gotta love those blankets though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anticipation! I bet he was the happiest blanket thief when you pulled that blanket out of the dryer! Enjoy your SITS day in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anticipation! I bet he was the happiest blanket thief when you pulled that blanket out of the dryer! Enjoy your SITS day in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. well done for being SITS FB!!

    Aww he is soo adorable!!

    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy SITs Day!

    That is so cute! My youngest has a blankie that I ask permission to wash... she usually says no and I have to talk her into it. But I don't wash it much anymore cause it's falling apart...

    http://knit1kids4.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/when-fixing-a-lovie/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so cute. He must really love that blanket. I hope his blanket never gets lost.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh, this is so my son too!! hahaha...i always have to sneak it into the washer!
    happy sits day!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. He's a SUPER cute blanket bandit! How long did he sit and wait?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, soo cute! My son doesn't patiently wait for his "beary-bear" (a silky bear blanket thing) to get washed. It's quite the traumatic experience for me to sneak it away into the washer. Those things can get awfully stinky! ;-)

    Happy SITS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so adorable!!!! What a cutie. :) Happy SITS Day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cutie! Thanks for capturing this in photos and sharing them with us. Which one are you preserving as a mug shot?

    Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is one of the best photo stories ever! Precious!

    Congrats on your SITS feature!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, that is so cute!!! But those blankies do get incredibly stinky, don't they??

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO STINKIN CUTE!!!!!

    And Happy SITS day!!!

    :D
    -Michelle
    DomesticationOfTheSingleGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. AWW, now that's one sweet little bandit! Thanks for brightening my morning!

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pics!! So cute.....he is one determined little guy! :)

    Hope you have a happy sits day! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  32. My daughter has a favorite blanket and will scream if she notices me taking it to the washer.

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG! How cute is that??????

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a very patient and determined child!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello From SITS!

    I have a blanket snatcher too! What is it about boys and their blankets?

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello from SITS!

    That is just way too cute. Definitely put a smile on my face. :) I can see my little one doing something like that when she starts walking! She just crawled for the first time a couple of days ago and she's already getting into mischief chasing the cat around.

    ReplyDelete
  37. He's so cute and very patient.

    Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  38. At least he wasn't screaming his head off, tee hee...what a patient little blanket bandit! And how could you get mad at that cute face ;-)

    Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awww, that is so cute! What a handsome little guy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is so sweet! I could not bear to do it! I would have had to wait until he was sleeping and sneak it away. Happy SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  41. HOW ADORABLE! That story has made my day! :)



    The Skinny On Getting Skinny

    ReplyDelete
  42. what's with kids and their blankies? My son is like that too..LOL. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are just the most adorable set pics! Perfect for showing his girlfriends when he is older, lol! HAPPY SITS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  44. That is so cute! He must have been really attached to that blanket. Thanks for sharing this and bringing a smile to my face this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit on your SITS Day.

    ReplyDelete
  45. AND dressed, I see.

    That is so funny! What a smart little guy. (Not to mention adorable.)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Aww, now that is just too sweet :0)

    Happy SITSday!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I can't believe he was able to get that out! My son sleeps with a little 'sleepy bear' at night. Like one of those fabric squares with an animal head on it. Anyway, he has 5 of them. 5! It just got to hard to take the one away to wash it. I thought 2 would help. It still didn't. 3 and 4 came from Grandma and Auntie. And 5 was on clearance. Guess you can never be to sure when it comes to those things they love!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Aww he is a cute little theif, isn't he?! I have a blankie baby and one who loves his stuffed animal. If I ever wash them, they don't love them as much for a week or so. Until they get stinky again.

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That is so cute! My daughter had a blankie and wouldn't go anywhere without it!

    ReplyDelete
  50. oooh gosh!! Too cute.

    We have the same washer :D :D

    Congratson being featured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh, that's too freakin' cute! Good thing those doors lock otherwise you'd have had more than him stealing his blanket for a problem! :) Enjoy your SITS FB today.

    ReplyDelete
  52. OMG....cutest thing EVER!

    Happy SITS Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. That is so cute! I wish I had a blankey when I was younger. Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Boys like stinky starting from an early age.
    Happy SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  55. At least it looks like he is waiting patiently. My son would have been screaming his head off.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow, what a determined little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. It's like staying with your loved one while they're having a simple operation done!

    ReplyDelete
  58. That is SOOO cute! I can't believe how persistent kids can be. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  59. How cute! We have a blanket bandit at our house too-it's an epidemic!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Yep, I have one of those. The blanket gets pretty rank. Luckily we have a top loader.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Aww, he's so cute! Twenty minutes! That's some persistence!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Totally adorable - and goes after what he wants in life!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Holy Cow he is adorable! My little one has currently taken to a little bear that is dry clean only...you know they shouldn't sell those kinds of toys:)

    ReplyDelete
  64. That's one determined baby boy! How cute!

    Happy FB on SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  65. The cutest and sweetest images!

    Stopping by from SITs

    ReplyDelete
  66. Sooo cute!!
    Stopping by from SITS- glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh that is cute. I am some blankie lovers here too.

    ReplyDelete
  68. aw I have blankie bandits here too. THey just hate to part with it so much. I usually try to sneak it in but I'm not always so quick. *L*

    Happy SITS Day. I love your blog. It's so sweet and I love your pictures. Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  69. That is the sweetest thing I have seen today. I love a baby with a lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Aww..he was determined to get that blanket back!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh how precious! One of my twins was very attached to his blanky when he was little. Once he insisted on taking it with him in the tub. That didn't go over too well, as he learned the hard way about wet blankets!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. That was too cute! My little guy is just like that with his blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  73. That is A.DOR.A.BLE!

    Seriously, cutest story I've seen today.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Awww...so cute! And I have a binky lover too....

    ReplyDelete
  75. absolutely adorable!!! it's amazing how kids will try to do whatever it takes to not have their blankets/animals washed.

    ReplyDelete
  76. That was so cute! I try to wash my son's favorite blanket while he is up playing with other toys. If it's not clean before nap time or bed time, he doesn't get good sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  77. LOL!!! As I washed my sons blanket on Sunday and while he didn't see it go in the washer, he saw me attempt to put it in the dryer. Attempt as in he decided a wet blanket was ok with him.

    Thanks for the laugh - from a Sits Newbie

    ReplyDelete
  78. Oh my god, that is too cute. I love these stories about your kiddies - makes me so excited to meet my own!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Now that's a ridiculously adorable man who knows what he wants in life!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Precious!

    Front loaders are great - when my kids were smaller they would sit in front of the washer, then the dryer just watching & waiting for their stuff. There was always a squeal of delight when their item happened to be visible through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  81. So cute. I love these pictures where you catch them getting into things they just shouldn't be getting into. I have a great photo of my son i think hes maybe 1 1/2 i left the fridge open for a second and he was in there sneaking a donut.

    priceless moments

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love it! My daughter hates her blanky being washed!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Stopping by from SITS. Adorable! My now 3 year old is still very attached to his blanket and since he could crawl, he would nearly faint watching the blankee wash in the washer. We have a front-loader as well which is total torture even today!

    ReplyDelete
  84. That is so adorable! I guess he really really missed his blankie. :) Great pitures!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I bet he was traumatized by watching the blanket go round and round, and not being able to have it!!! JK

    ReplyDelete
  86. That is cute.

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  87. Oh my goodness - too cute!!!! I have the same problem with my little girl. She's a bit older now and gets it but boy did that take awhile.

    Stopping by from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow! That's pretty amazing!

    Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  89. i guess he wouldn't go for a sneaky substitute, would he? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  90. He is precious. That is a good sign that he wanted THAT blanket...he apparently KNOWS what he wants and is going to make it happen.

    Once again, Congrats on your SITS day. I have become your follower. I will drop by and give you blog ♥ all the time. I love to read and I will try to comment very often. Feel free to check out my blog after you have checked out EVERYONE ELSE who beat me here today. :o) That's okay, the best for last (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  91. Awww... bless his little heart! He loves that blanket! :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Aw! What a super-cutie! He must love that blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  93. That is too cute. I wouldn't put it about my little dude either. He loooooooooooooves his blankie!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hilarious! Caught in the act. My girls each have blankies (and they are 7 & 3 lol) and they HATE when I wash them. My 7 yr old says the blanket feels "too soft" after washing. I realized that's the dirt leaving the blanket. She likes it kind of stiff -- with dirt. Ick. But it does give them comfort. Gotta seize moments of opportunity to secretly wash those blankies. I do it with stuffed animals too.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Hehe how adorable. Ian has been known to throw a tantrum that lasted longer than the cycle lasted when Kyra washes one of his blankets- he NEEDS between 7 and 10 at a time and it has to be specific ones.

    ReplyDelete
  96. That is so adorable. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Oh my gosh! That looks like my daughter when we have to finally wash her blanket! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  98. We used to have to pry my son's lammy (he chewed on it) out of his hands while he slept and pray that he would sleep through the wash and dry cycles. He is a mighty cute criminal!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Too cute! I have a blankie boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  100. I have to say, it looks like he stayed pretty calm throughout his ordeal. Maybe being able to see it in there helped.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .