And although I am currently unemployed, that doesn't mean I've been sitting around all day watching Soap Net because with Elizabeth back in school now, Michael has been keeping me pretty busy. Running after him all day is a full-time job. So maybe I'm not really unemployed after all.
Michael has recently developed a fascination with water, more specifically the water dispenser in our kitchen; crayons; and my makeup (but please don't tell his dad about the last one).
One evening during Eliz's first week of school, I had to go over all of the usual new school year paperwork with her: the school rules, library agreement, homework policy, etc... Since I was otherwise occupied with his big sister, Michael saw it as the perfect opportunity to get my makeup bag off the bathroom counter and examine its contents.
Once I noticed that he was being a little too quiet, it was too late. He had gotten into 3 of my mascaras, and painted on quite an impressive beard.
The next thing that has been keeping me very busy is Michael's use of crayons. He just recently became interested in crayons after watching his sister doing homework at the kitchen table everyday. I bought him his very own pack of large crayons and a couple coloring books.
He loves to scribble in the books for a while, but then he'll get up from the table and move his artistic expression to our walls. If I'm lucky, I'll confiscate his crayons before he leaves the table. But if I'm not so lucky, he'll escape with a crayon or two in hand and mark up our walls.
Look into Demand Studios. http://www.demandstudios.com. I work for them as a writer. It has its ups and downs but you can work as much or as little as you want and it's all done from home. It's a good balance between making money and being there for the kids.
ReplyDeleteMichael should totally be a pirate for Halloween and do his own make up!
Yes, we have a fling with Mr Clean going on as well... never ending I suppose. Have you happened to try the store brand? I just wondered if they work as well.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend!
I had that same fling when my oldest was little and I fear the fling will be rekindled soon with the youngest
ReplyDeleteAww bless! You're lucky he picked the mascara and didn't start prodding fingers into eyeshadow! Lol
ReplyDeleteSE x
Aww bless! You're lucky he picked the mascara and didn't start prodding fingers into eyeshadow! Lol
ReplyDeleteSE x
Kati, the Target brand ones seem to work just as well, to me anyway!
ReplyDeleteI love those things!
We have an old, cracking, off-white leather couch that we HATE. That being said, we will absolutely not get another couch until we are certain that 3YO has gotten completely past her 'Graffiti Stage.' Most things come off, but Sharpie is not one of them!
Those Magic Erasers are awesome!
ReplyDeleteMichael is absolutely adorable with or without mascara!!
Kati, I've used the Rite Aid and Target brand erasers and they work just as well as the name brand!
ReplyDeletehahaha "sneaky bearded baby..." love it!
ReplyDeleteMascara or no mascara...he is so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDeleteHow stinkin' cute is he?!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteLOL>> I cracked up at the picture of vandalism in progres...LOL!!!! so funny
ReplyDelete