To get out of this slump, Mig gave me the pep talk I needed and it helped me to get refocused on the good that Nathan brought to us, not the sadness.
That, and a friend of mine posted a video showing soldiers who would be eating MREs this Thanksgiving instead of a home cooked meal with their families. That really pulled at my heart. The fact that I am able to spend time with my family and sit down with them to have dinner is a blessing in itself, not to be taken for granted.
And really, that's what Thanksgiving is all about: Family. The old Jolene used to say that Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday, because it's all about family and food. There are no expectations for gifts involved, just the expectation that you'd be spending time with your family and you'd have a good meal.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
So I cooked a whole Thanksgiving meal yesterday, but at the last minute, we also went to my aunt's house for a couple hours just to see everyone, (including today's birthday girl). And then we came home and had another dinner here with the food I made, with more family. It was nice.Also worthy of mentioning. . . I have this Bible Verse of the Day app on my phone and some days, I swear it's like God is trying to speak directly to me through the verses of the day that pop up.
Yesterday's verse:
In all ways, I am blessed.
Blessed with 3 beautiful children.
Blessed with a husband who is more than I could have asked for.
Blessed with family who I love more than I could say.
Blessed with friends that I love like family.
Blessed that Nathan has given me the heart and mind to appreciate these blessings every single day.
Thank you Lord. ♥

I was feeling like this the whole week but with your gifts and then the little signs I feel I'm getting from Dominic lately, I've been able to pull myself out of that "bahumbug" mood.
ReplyDeleteYour words are beautiful and coming here reading your stories are inspiring to me.
Love you always Jolene!!!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete