Monday, November 21, 2011

The Little Things- Week of 11/20/11

I had a couple of very interesting conversations with Elizabeth and Michael this week. . .


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Michael loves all things related to insects, spiders, reptiles, and dinosaurs.  He loves to see these things in books, magazines, movies, and especially in real life.  One of his favorite pastimes at school is to search for rolly polies in the dirt outside.   He also loves looking at these old reptile magazines that one of the teachers at his school brings in for the kids.

One morning last week as I was dropping off Michael at school, he told he that he had seen a baby snake the day before.  I was sure he was talking about one of the reptile magazines.

Then he said it again.

Michael: "I saw a baby snake yesterday."

Me: "Really? A baby snake?"

Michael: "Yeah, I had it in my hand."   He pointed to his open palm.

This is where I started to get a little confused.

Me: "You had it in your hand? Where were you?"

Michael: "Outside."

And then I realized that the baby snake he was talking about really wasn't a baby snake at all, but a worm, and he had it in his hand! Yuck. LOL

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


If you know Elizabeth and Michael, then you know that Eliz is a big eater, and Michael really isn't much of an eater at all.

Very often, Michael will not finish his food, or if he doesn't like it, he won't eat any of it.  Sometimes Eliz will ask if she can have the food that Michael left on his plate..you know, a slice of pizza here, half a donut there.

On Thursday, the kids and I were at Target and they were starting to get a little bored. Eliz asked me for some gum and then Michael wanted some too.  It was minty gum. I wasn't sure if Michael would like it so I told him that he might not like the flavor but he wanted some anyway.

So I split a stick of gum between them.  As Michael was putting the gum in his mouth, Eliz said,

"If he doesn't like his gum, can I have it?"

Me: "What? You want Michael's gum? But it will be chewed. . ."

Eliz: "I know. It's ok."

Me: "But it's used gum. That's kinda of gross."

Eliz laughed.

Me: "No you cannot chew someone else's gum. That's gross."

A few minutes later, I started joking with her.

Me: "So Elizabeth, will you take just anyone's used up gum, or will you take gum only from certain people?"

Eliz laughed some more.

Eliz: "Only Michael's."

Me: "Wow, you must really love your little brother."

Eliz: "YUP! and gum. ."


♥ ♥ ♥

Until next time, sharing is caring, but not when it comes to used gum (unless you really love the person).

3 comments:

  1. YUP! And gum! - I love that!!!

    Blessed So and So

    www.aeverydayblessedsoandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .