Michael's eating habits lately have been making it very hard to parent him with a smile.
Take yesterday, for example:
I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast and he wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. Who doesn’t like blueberry pancakes?
For lunch, I made him a peanut butter sandwich, and thankfully he ate it.
For dinner, I made chicken cacciatore. Now, I know that he’ll eat spaghetti, but all I had was linguine so that’s what I made. Well I guess Michael is not a big fan of linguine because he just looked at his dinner and dumped his plate over without even taking a bite first.
(Note to self: NEVER buy linguine again.)
And this morning again, he wanted nothing to do with the bowl of cereal that I put in front of him. I finally gave up and just let him eat a banana.
I know that toddlers his age don’t have very big appetites, and on the plus side, Michael does like to snack on fruit throughout the day.
So I should try not to get stressed out about his current eating habits because I can feel 3 new white hairs sprouting from my scalp as we speak.
Definitely not worth stressing over! This too shall pass...
ReplyDeleteAt least his preferences aren't hard!
ReplyDeleteTry chocolate chip pancakes...yum!
PS Thank you for leaving a comment on my behalf over at La Dolce Vita!
I have three girls who ALL have had their picky phases. They outgrow it...hopefully! Then again, my husband STILL won't eat broccoli...so I guess they don't ALL grow out of it!
ReplyDeletePick your battles...and bribery and physical threats can work WONDERS!
*giggle*
I gave you an award
ReplyDeletemy son Tommy is the same way!!!!! he eats only spaghetti..he wont touch linguine//
ReplyDeleteYes..definitely not worth you getting stressed over!! At least he's eating...lol!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood ol' peanut butter sandwich! I think my daughter lived on that for a while when she was four! She turned out okay . . . she is in the Marshall School of Business at USC right now! So, yeah, maybe picky eaters are special people! :D
ReplyDelete