Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Perks of Being a Grown-up

Earlier as we were watching an episode of Everyday Italian in which Giada was making chocolate pudding for a party, Elizabeth asked me:

"Mom, when you're a grown-up, can you decide what you want to eat first for dinner, like if you want to eat pudding first?"

So I said, "If you're a grown-up, yeah I guess you can."

Then she said, "COOL!! I can't wait to be a grown-up!!"
------------------------------

Sure being an adult comes with many responsibilities, but at least we can all decide if we want to eat pudding first before we eat dinner...

3 comments:

  1. Man I've never thought of it like that!! I must have pudding first somewhen. I'm sure it'll feel strange :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right and just to make me feel better about paying all my bills on line this morning - like a grown up, I'm eating pudding for Breakfast! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Well hopefully she doesn't remember all that when she actually IS a grown-up.
    All those little things I used to say I would do as a grown-up if I wanted to because I wasn't allowed to as a kid, I have done. Like, if I want to drink a Coke at 7am, I will have one. If I want to eat an entire canister of cake frosting, I will. If I feel like nibbling on junk food before I have dinner, I will.
    Keep me away from your kids, Jolene! I'm a bad influence :)

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .