Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Big Changes Ahead

There are some big things going on for us right now and that's why I haven't been around as much over the past couple weeks. We have been busy and I am exhausted, but it's all for a good reason because,

WE ARE MOVING!!!


We are going to be moving in with my mom to the house I grew up in.

(After my parents got divorced several years ago, my mom kept the house and my brother stood there living with my mom up until a few months ago when he moved out.)

So for the past few months, my mom has been there all by her lonesome. Mig and I talked to my mom and we all decided that it could be good for all of us to live together.
(Among the benefits: The kids will now have a yard to run and play in. We will have more living space. We will be able to save money. And the best part: we will be ditching our noisy and inconsiderate apartment neighbors...see ya!)
So we have been very busy preparing for our move.

Mig (with help from his friend Ian, who lets us pay him with food) has been painting the living room and family room because it hadn't been painted in a very long time.

I've also been helping my mom clean out my old bedroom (which will now be the kid's room) because since I moved out about 7 years ago, it has been used as a storage room. A very full storage room.

Our home improvement projects are not done yet, and then we get to look forward to the dreaded packing, but good things are in store for us....

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will work out for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck for the move and I hope all goes well for you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SITS.

    It is a dream of mine to have our mother live with us. In these tough times more and more families are uniting, which is as it should be, I think. Why is it only in America that parents don't live in the same house?

    Good luck with it all. The house that I grew up in was torn down a few years ago. No going back now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be neat to be living in your childhood home, and also maybe hard living with an extended family;) Sounds like an adventure though! Good luck to you! And happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the feature and good luck with the move! I don't envy you for all the upheaval, but then I do love having a new space to make into a home. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great. Sounds like it's going to be good for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with this, sounds like a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm sure your mom will love having her grand-kids so close too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your move is smooth. We lived with mom for years and it worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your move is smooth. We lived with mom for years and it worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great plan. Your children will have a wonderful opportunity to bond with their grandmother and really get to know her.

    www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit cute or funny photos and tell friends to vote for them. No entry fee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love good friends that will help you move for a slice of pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey just stumbled across your blog... somehow. Have enjoyed reading a few entries :)
    Hope the move goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Moves can be overwhelming, but so exciting at the same time! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy SITs day to you! Hope all goes really smoothily with your move. It sounds like it's going to be good for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on SITS day!

    Sounds like a good move for all of you! Good luck in your new home!

    doubledippedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck....I know it will all be wonderful!!! Natalee http://totmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope this move is everything you want it to be and more. :::visiting from SITS:::

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .