Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things Just Get Busier

It seems like the weeks are just flying by this summer and I hardly get the chance to blog anymore. I think it's weird that I used to have more time to blog while I was still going to school. But I suppose it only seemed like I had more time before because I used to set aside time to do my homework, so I was already on the computer.
But now, Elizabeth is off of school for the summer and Michael is getting to the point where his morning nap is now becoming his afternoon nap. Pretty soon, I think he is going to give up his 2 naps a day and just consolidate them into 1 nap.
So I barely have any 'alone time' these days. Some days I barely even get on the computer.
Not to worry though, I am enjoying my time at home with my kiddies because I know my days as a stay-at-home mom are limited. Sooner or later (probably much, much later with this economy) I will land myself a job and then I won't be able to be home with them all day.

So what have we been up to?

  • Speaking of getting a job, "Bill," the lawyer from my interview last week has not called me. I'm still holding on to the hope that he will call me back and offer me a million dollars.
  • We went to the beach last Saturday on the 4th of July and although the day started out warm, it then got very cold and windy in the late afternoon so we pretty much freezed our butts off.
  • Eliz started basketball this week and she is doing pretty good! We will find out what team she is on tonight at practice.
  • Mig and I are going to Vegas tomorrow for the weekend and it will be the first time we are both away from the kids. =..(
  • Michael, being the monster delightful toddler that he is, has learned how to say, "NO." So yesterday at the market, he kept trying to stand up in the basket and climb out and every time I sat him back down he would scream, "NOO, NOO, NOOOOOO!" So naturally, all the people around me had to stare. Wonderful, right?

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get a phone call very soon with a job offer AND an awesome salary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont ya just wish you could hide sometimes when the kiddos decide to embarass you in the store!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good you guys are getting away for a trip to Vegas, sans kids. Couples need that.
    I would NEVER give up traveling. I would rather live in an apartment forever if buying a house meant I couldn't afford to travel anymore. I need to have something to look forward to; its what keeps me going and a happy camper at work, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time, time, time. It is hard to find the time.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .