I haven't participated in Mama Kat's weekly writer's workshop in a while. June was a slow posting month for me as I was busy at first with the end of the school quarter. Then after my graduation, I got a serious case of the lazies as I just enjoyed having to do absolutely nothing besides read the last 3 books of the Twilight series (and take care of my kiddies of course.)
The prompt I choose this week is:
2.) Write five "Incredibly Short Books". Some examples:
"Chemical Contraception Choices for Catholic Couples"
"Teenage U.S. Presidents"
"The Book of Female Popes"
"The 2008 Book of General Motors Profits"
The point is that the book is of zero size since the title is a contradiction with reality.
-------------------------------------
Here are my Incredibly Short Books:
"Super Easy Ways for New Graduates to Get a High-Paying Job"
(Only in a dream world.)
"The Healthy Get-Your-Kids-to-Lick-Their-Plate-Clean Cookbook"
(Like that could ever happen.)
"Ways to Stand Up and Not Give In to Your Toddler's Tantrums"
(Throwing tantrums is one of Michael's favorite hobbies right now.)
"My Nice and Very Considerate Neighbors: Apartment Living Is Such a Joy"
(There might be one person in this book, but that's it!)
And the last book's companion:
"The Nice and Well-Behaved Children In My Neighborhood"
Look at it this way - your apartment neighbors at least save you the cost of a stereo! {*grin*}
ReplyDeleteGood job on the books!
LOL I could totally relate to that last book!
ReplyDeleteThat was pretty darn good !!
ReplyDeleteI posted the recipe.
You hit the nail on the head with your first book. I graduated college in May, and I'm still looking. Bad time to graduate I guess. Great post, I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteSo creative!
ReplyDeleteThey were all just perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love your look!!!
I can soooo relate to the apt living!!! Now that we rent out the condo and don't have to deal with neighbors above and below....we do deal with neighbors next to us in the townhouse SMOKING!!! It's soooo stinky!!! And it only gets worse because I'm pregnant....the smell makes me want to vomit!! :(
ReplyDeleteOh the temper tantrum phase...fun....
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the neighbors and children!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs for the cookbook, I have one and it's yummy AND healthy!
Hugs!
Neighbors..not cool! That's why I have so many temper tantrums!
ReplyDeleteHaha! These are great!
ReplyDelete