Monday, July 6, 2009

Maybe They Were Just Starving?

My kids never cease to surprise me.
A little while ago I decided to make myself a little before-dinner snack using a jar of Sundried Tomato Bruschetta that I picked up from Trader Joe's with some whole wheat toast.
I love sundried tomatoes. I could eat them straight out of the jar (and sometimes I do.)

So I made myself some toast and bruschetta and as I was enjoying it, Eliz walked by and wanted a bite. I didn't think she'd like it but I gave her a bite anyway. Then Michael saw his sister eating some so he wanted a bite too. So I let them each have a bite and I never would have imagined this, but they liked it!

Then they wanted more, so I made them each a slice of toast and topped it with the bruschetta and cut it into little triangles and they finished every last bite.

Who knew that my extremely picky kids would like Sundried Tomato Bruschetta? I guess this means I'm going to have to share the rest of the jar with them...

4 comments:

  1. I was surprised when my kids liked it on their sandwiches too! It is yummy!

    But, I'm always in shock when they like something I least expect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the way it always happens?! Mom sits down with something you KNOW they won't want and pretty soon it's gobbled up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! Kids never cease to amaze you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum that sounds amazing! sounds like you better stock up.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .