Thursday, July 23, 2009

Michael is 18 Months Old Today!



I took a look at the calendar this morning and I realized that Michael is exactly 18 months old today.
Where has the time gone?
It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital and wondering what our new baby boy would be like.
These days, Michael's nickname should really be
Hurricane Michael.
He is full of energy, he runs around the house quickly, and he leaves destruction in his path.
He loves to take things from where they belong and place them somewhere else. Case in point: we haven't been able to find our tv remote control in a couple weeks, so we have to turn the tv on and off and adjust the volume by getting our lazy behinds up off the couch and using the buttons on the tv. (Horrible right?)



Michael seems to be allergic to tidyness and order. I don't know how many times I've folded stacks of laundry and gone to put one stack away, only to come back and discover that Michael has knocked my other piles of laundry over. Then he'll take a shirt and run away while he giggles. (It's hard to get mad at that little giggle.)



Michael also seems to be developing a funny little sense of humor. Yesterday morning, Eliz and Michael climbed into bed with me. We were all lying down, and it was very quiet. Then out of nowhere, Michael farted!!! (lol) Elizabeth immediately started saying, "EWW Michael!" and we all laughed. Even Michael was laughing. Then we quieted down and about a minute later, Michael farted again! We couldn't stop laughing this time. I thought Michael was a little too young to understand potty humor but I guess boys can never be too young for that kind of thing.



But Michael's sweet side completely makes up for his mischievous side. Every so often he gets in a cuddly mood and likes to give me hugs and kisses. I wish I could say he does the same to his sister, but he doesn't. He loves to pull Eliz's hair and run away with her Barbies when she is busy playing with them. But I know that Eliz loves her little brother and I know Michael loves his big sister.

Yesterday right after Hurricane Michael had destroyed some folded laundry and smacked Eliz right in the face, I asked Eliz what she thought about having Michael as a little brother and without hesitation, she said, "I love him! He's my little brother."

So I guess we're keeping him...

6 comments:

  1. Hey today is Layla's 19 month birthday! How funny our little ones are only 1 month apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at his sweet little face! He's too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my 4th kiddo, sofia, is 18 months old...and i'm telling you, i have no idea where the time has gone. even worse, my 14 year old...we don't even want to go there!

    your kids are precious! and i lve their names...great blog! good luck in the move too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little grandson that is 2. He just passed the cute and busy 1 1/2 year stage. He is still cute and busy at 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .