I started reading the rest of the books in the Twilight series last week. I finished New Moon and Eclipse (which I think is my favorite so far) and I am halfway through Breaking Dawn right now. I forgot how much I enjoyed leisurely reading.
Reading just to read. I would read all day if I could. Darn responsibilities.
All of this leisurely reading has been causing me to have some restless nights of sleep though, and for more reasons than one.
First, I have been reading at night after the kids go to bed. Once I start reading, I usually can't stop. I'll read a few chapters and then think, ok one more chapter and then I have to go to bed. After I'm done with that chapter, I'll say ok, just one more chapter again. This will continue until I realize that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime.
Once I do make it to bed, I have a hard time falling asleep even though it is very late.
And then when I fall asleep, the weird dreams come...
Just last night I had a dream that I was at a family party when this weird lavender-colored German Shepard type-dog (it was probably more like a wolf) with bright red eyes wandered into the party and scared everyone. And even though the dog/wolf spoke perfect English, I didn't stick around long enough to ask it what it wanted because I was so scared.
I know, I know. Very weird, right?
These Twilight books do not make great nighttime reading material.
But even though I'm tired and I haven't been sleeping very well, I can't help myself. I just have to keep reading to find out what happens, as disturbing as it may be. (If you've read the 4th book then you probably have an idea of what I'm talking about.)
I'm off to read (and to probably induce more weird dreams)...
Sometimes weird dreams can be fun. ;)
ReplyDeleteOk, you almost talked me into reading the books!
ReplyDeleteYup, I had the same experience of weird dreams when I was reading the Twilight series! And I didn't have self control and stayed up all night to finish the book.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny...reading usually puts me to sleep. Thats why I rarely can read more than one chapter at a time. lol
ReplyDeleteCall me crazy, but I haven't read those books (and don't really have any desire. :0P ). Weird dreams can certainly be a bit disturbing sometimes, though. lol
ReplyDelete(thanks for following me. my first visit to you today. =) )