Last Friday night, we went out to celebrate with some of my closest family and friends. We went to a local bar and spent most of the night in the karaoke room. It was so fun!
We'll call him the Motivational Karaoke Dancer. He would get up and dance for just about every karaoke singer. He also sang a few songs too, including a very angry rendition of Dramarama's 'Anything, Anything.' He was yelling into the microphone so loud, I thought he might pop a blood vessel. But he didn't. He just kept dancing and dancing throughout the night. In this picture here, he is doing his air guitar dance. Good times.
Other highlights of our night:
-My cousin Anita was the first one to go up and sing Bobby Brown's 'My Prerogative,' and the Motivational Karaoke Dancer Guy went right up and started dancing.
-Our friend Mark sang Radiohead's 'Creep.' He even hit the high notes at the end.
-My mom was supposed to sing The Rolling Stones, 'Beast of Burden,' but she was in the bathroom when they called her name, so my aunt (her sister) went up instead to sing it. My mom ended up running out of the bathroom and up to the stage just as the song was ending and after my aunt had already stolen her thunder.
-Two of my best friends, Baby and Lety went up and sang Sir Mix-A-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' and this time, as we were cheering them on, Motivational Karaoke Dancer Guy came up to our table and started shaking his behind.
Like I said, good times. We had so much fun.
Sunday was the actual day of my graduation. My grandparents and my mom got there very early and saved 2 whole rows of seats for everyone who came to share in this wonderful day with me. I must have had the proudest family there. It was great.
Michael thought the graduation was boring, so he fell asleep.
Congratulations! You look so happy...duh, I'm sure you're happy :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Jolene!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand wow what a fun nite.....love the dancer guy....we all need a guy like that once in awhile!!!!!!
I'm not sure if I said this already... but CONGRATS! Now go get a job at a publishing house and help me get my novel published! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL, motivational karaoke dancer........sooo funny. You forgot to mention that you were supposed to sing a duet with me to Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself, boo.
ReplyDeletelol, that was a fun night. Funny thing is, I never know what to expect when we (Edwin and I) go out to bars for celebrations. Honestly, most of the time, I tend to be very bored at these things and end up watching the clock all night. I can definitely say that the opposite was true for that night. It was great! We gotta do it again sometime :o)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteNow please remove that photo of my boyfriend from your blog. I don't want all the ladies tracking him down and trying to get with him!