Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Handful of Dilemmas

This is my last week of classes, and you'd think I'd be super excited about that and that I'd be hurrying to finish up the rest of my work but instead I caught myself a bad case of senioritis (aka: too-lazy-to-do-your-schoolworkitis). I'm just not feeling very inspired. This could be due to a variety of reasons:

1. I have a lot of school work, studying, and one last paper to do, but I feel like I don't even know where to start. On one hand, I want to just do it and get it over with, but on the other hand, I don't really feel like doing it. (I'll get to it though, don't worry.)

2. I also have been job searching (not very successfully though). The job postings I've been looking at all want their applicant to have experience. But the dilemma here is: how can I get experience if I can't get a job because I need experience? (Wrap your mind around that one.)

3. Yesterday, while I was driving to school on the freeway, I saw up ahead that there was a bunch of stuff in the lanes. (I'm sure a truck dropped it or something.) It looked like a few huge sheets of white paper. I couldn't change lanes or swerve out of the way because there were cars on both sides of me. Anywho {sigh}, the car in front of me ran one over and it flew right up, and into the front of my truck, and from the sound it made, it was definitely not paper. And paper definitely wouldn't have left a dent on the hood of my truck. {sigh} I swear I'm like a magnet for this kind of stuff.

4. My last dilemma: I need to buy a new ink cartridge for my printer because I need to turn in my short story tomorrow. I was planning on going to CVS to buy it because they emailed me a coupon, but I can't print out the coupon because I need ink. What to do, what to do...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they aren't kidding when they say, "When it rains, it pours."

    Yes, coming out of college and looking for a job is no easy feat. On thing I've seen that helps college grads get jobs is through the career fairs that are held by your campus. Employers purposely come to college campuses looking for recruits that they know don't have much in the "experience" department.
    But keep being optimistic, you'll find something sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit...#4 cracked me up! Hope your week improves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you use the school library to do the printing and save yourself the money ;)
    Hang in there, sounds like you have a very full plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two thumbs up for you,As a MOM of your kids you still a struggle with your study and also try to get job. It sound nice and great to follow.Good luck to you. I'll wait you on my blog. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .