Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crockpot Disaster

Today I attempted to make a lasagna in the crockpot. I say 'attempt' because the results were very sad. Usually on the days that I go to school (Tuesday & Thursday) I try use my crockpot to make dinner because by the time I get home at about 5:30, I am tired and everyone is hungry. So it's nice to come home and have dinner already waiting for me to serve my hungry family since it is obviously way too hard for them to just serve themselves. =)
So today, the lasagna smelled good, it even looked good, but it tasted awful! The noodles were way overcooked and dare I even say soggy to the point of near disintegration... yuck.
I don't know where I went wrong with the lasagna: did I add too much liquid or is 8 hours just too long for the noodles?
Either way, I didn't eat very much of it, but the hubby did because, well, he'll eat almost anything.

I won't be making crockpot lasagna again any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. I've made a crock pot lasagna, but have only ever cooked it from a frozen state. 8 hours might just be too long for thawed lasagna. I make up lasagna like normal except I only cook the noodles for about 1/2 the time. I layer everything in a large sprayed cool-whip or spreadable butter container and place it in the freezer overnight. In the morning I pop the frozen lasagna out of the container and into a large Ziploc bag or wrap it in several layers of foil. When I want to have lasagna I grab one out of the freezer, spray the crock pot and place it in (unwrapped of course & still completely frozen). Then I cook on Low for 6-8 hours. For eight hours you probably want to pour a little extra sauce into the crock pot so it doesn't dry out. Anyway, it works for us, so you might want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .