The past couple weeks have been so crazy for me. On Monday, I worked all day on a paper for school that was due on Tuesday. It was probably not my best work, but I feel like I haven't been able to focus lately. It was supposed to be 5 - 7 pages and I thought it would be a breeze to write since I've gotten used to writing papers at the last minute. I am a self-proclaimed procrastinator... but my excuse is that I work well under pressure. So even under pressure, I had a hard time writing that damn paper.
And in addition to my lack of focus, I keep forgetting things (more than I usually do, and even when I write them down) Last week I completely forgot about a meeting I had with Eliz's speech and language pathologist at school. That day, after I picked her up from school, we had a couple errands to run. Just as we were walking in the door at home, I hear the answering machine go on and the speech path. is leaving a message saying that our meeting was scheduled for 15 minutes ago and if I am running late, could I please call her..... oh no........I completely forgot about the meeting. I call her right back (and worse still..I called her the wrong name. Her name is Mrs. Small and I asked for Mrs. Snow !! I just don't know what is wrong with me!) We ended up having the meeting over the phone. She just wanted to go over Eliz's goals for this year and would be sending home a form for me to sign. After I had apologized profusely to the speech path, she said don't worry about it...it happens. Maybe so, but I couldn't help but feel like the worst mother of the year. And even though she was really nice about it, I also couldn't help but feel like she was thinking that I was one of those parents.... you know...the kind that isn't really involved or interested in making sure their child is staying on track and progressing at school, and forgetting the meeting just shows my apparent lack of concern for my daughter's education. (which isn't the case at all) But anyway yeah call me deadbeat mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .