Saturday, October 18, 2008

Elizabeth

So far all my posts have been about me, me, me...

So I wanted to share about how well Eliz. is doing in school and cheerleading. Her school year got off to a rocky start as I think she was a little unprepared for how different first grade was compared to kindergarten. The first 3-4 weeks of school, she was repeatedly getting in trouble and having to change her behavior card from green to yellow, and even once to red (which required her to bring a note home for me to sign and then entailed a very long talk with her father and I.)

Eliz. is hyper, talkative, and always excited by nature. She's also a very happy, friendly, caring, and compassionate person. She's been all of these things since she was born. She is a good kid, but the hyper and talkative side of her don't make her a great candidate for student of the month, if you know what I mean.

Kindergarten had been great for her. It was all about making new friends and fun, fun, fun. In first grade, the focus is more academic, so I think she had a hard time making the transition.

In the beginning of the school year, when we decided to put her in cheerleading, I must admit that I was unsure of how she would do. I wasn't sure if her attention span was ready for this type of commitment: the memorization of cheers, the choreography, and attending practice regularly.
But......................

I suppose there was nothing to worry about because she has been doing great in both school and cheerleading. After that long talk with her about her behavior in class, she has not had to change her behavior card in the past 4 weeks. And she loves cheerleading and has really surprised me with memorizing all of her cheers and even practicing them at home to get them just right. Our city had their annual Golden Days parade last Saturday and Eliz's cheerleading squad participated in it, and they even won 2nd place in their category!

Here is a picture of her with her squad's trophy:


Please excuse her less than happy expression. When we told her, "If you win, you guys will get a trophy," she understood that to mean that each and every girl would get their own individual trophy. So she was a little disappointed that they all had to share just one trophy. Did I forget to mention she is also very dramatic?


1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is adorable!! I'm loving the attitude pic..hehe! I have a feeling my Cami is going to be the same way!!

    BTW she LOVES that little ride on truck. She got it for her first birthday and has played with it ever since. She's going on 2.5. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .