Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10 Things That Make Me Happy - Writer's Workshop

I haven't participated in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop for a couple weeks because I've been busy with all the school work that comes with the quarter coming to an end, but I'm back this week. The prompt I choose this week is: List ten things that make you HAPPY.

Here we go:

10 Things That Make Me Happy:

1. Spending time with Mig and the kids of course.

2. Going a whole day without Michael bumping his head. (This is rare.)

3. When I get home from school to discover that Mig has cleaned the house (picked up the living room, vaccuumed, and cleaned the kitchen. This doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it is verrrry nice.)

4. The sense of accomplishment that comes from having finished a big paper or project or being done with everything at the end of the quarter. (I'm about to experience the ultimate sense of accomplishment in 2 weeks when my last quarter ever is done.)

5. Coffee (pretty simple)

6. Free Coffee (which is even better)

7. Reading a good book (I just finished Twilight. I think I am hooked or should I say bitten? ha.)

8. Being able to read that good book undisturbed (Mig took the kids to the park today while I stood home and read Twilight)

9. When I see how Michael and Eliz interact and play together. It's amazing how they just love each other automatically.

10. When I realize that after almost 7 years of marriage, my husband can still make me laugh the same way he did when we were first together

8 comments:

  1. i'm with you on number 10. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one! Dave and I have been together for 5 years and he still takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is so perfect Jolene! As soon as I saw your blog title I knew you were going to pick the list of 10 happy things : ). Oh yes I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! Coffee, Twilight, no head injuries! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things to be happy about indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I love when my hubby cleans the house. it doesn't happen that often, but when it does it's a big deep-clean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, an entire day without a injury on the part of our kids...now that is nothing short of a small miracle in my house. I swear every night at bath I discover a new bump or bruise.

    I will never understand how these things happen! :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  8. just here checking out your blog from mama kat's workshop. i like it :) very nifty.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .