I hope all of you had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday. My day was really nice.
Elizabeth gave me the Mother's Day gift that she made at school, which was a cute little flower pot with her picture in the middle of the flower, a little early, like last Wednesday early. (She can never keep secrets or surprises to herself. She just gets too excited.)
So yesterday morning, I was in the kitchen and I could hear Elizabeth in the bedroom with her dad, and she was asking him what he bought for me for Mother's Day.
(I made Miguel promise last week that he would not buy me anything, especially flowers. I don't need anything, and there isn't anything that I want right now, so I told him to just save the money he would have otherwise spent on some flowers for me. I'm not really a flowers type of girl anyway. And besides, last year for Mother's Day, Mig bought me a beautiful Nelle and Lizzy ring with Michael and Elizabeth's name engraved on it, and I wear that ring everyday. So last year's gift will last me a lifetime...)
So back to the conversation with Elizabeth and Miguel. I heard Elizabeth say, "What?! You didn't buy her anything? What are we going to give her? My gift!?...but I already gave it to her!"
By this point I was already laughing a little to myself. Eliz is so sweet and thoughtful. She really wanted to be able to give me something for Mother's Day.
So then Eliz comes out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and very calmly says, "Uh mom, I think I was supposed to give you that flower pot today instead of the other day."
I assured her that it was alright that she had given it to me already, but she insisted on knowing where it was.
So she got the little flower pot and went to her room. A couple minutes later, she returned to the kitchen and very inconspicuously retrieved some tape from the kitchen drawer and went back to her room.
A few minutes after that, she returned to the kitchen holding the bag her gift had originally been in, but this time it was all taped up, "Here Mom!! Happy Mother's Day!!!"
So I opened it, and.........you guessed it, the little flower pot was in there. Eliz wanted to make sure that I at least had something to open for Mother's Day.
She's a sweet kid I tell ya...
That's so cute, lol.
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet!
ReplyDeleteawww what a good girl!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! Little girls are so thoughtful aren't they :)
ReplyDelete