Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Time Has Come...

I am about to start reading Twilight for my Adolescent Literature class and I am so excited. It is the last book we are reading, so I have been waiting all quarter to read it.

I had never heard of the Twilight series until last year, (a couple months before the movie came out in theatres) when this girl in one of my classes at school was wearing a shirt that said, "My heart belongs to my husband, but my neck belongs to Edward."

I read her shirt and I was like, whaaaaaat? Who is this Edward guy? I thought maybe he was on a tv show that I didn't watch or something. Then I heard that girl talking with another girl about this 4th novel (of a series that I had never heard of). Had I been living under a rock or something? Apparently I had...

So I'm off to start reading. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. um yeah I havent read them either, or seen the movie. not that I dont want to, just havent done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will like it! It's tasteful, yet alluring. Hard to explain, but totally G-rated! Halfway through the book, they had only so much as touched hands twice and it's still HAWWWTT!!! Hard to explain, but you'll like it! My 13YO is reading them along with me.

    The story becomes like that teenaged crush that you can't wait to see between classes. You won't be able to stop thinking about it until you can be reading it again.

    Let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .