While I was driving my truck last October, I hit a stupid post. It scraped the back door and part of the truck bed. Yes, I hit a bright white, inanimate object. Oh, did I mention I was in a parking lot? Stupid blind spot. If you'd like to take a moment to laugh at me, go ahead.
Don't worry I'll wait.....
After we reported it to our insurance so that we could get it fixed, I received a letter saying that I was "100% at fault." Nice. As if I didn't feel dumb enough already. I'd like to think that the stupid white post was at least 50% at fault, but I guess things don't work that way.
Since the accident was obviously my fault, I was very worried about our insurance rates going up. But when I received our renewed 6 month policy in December, our rates were the same. Nothing had changed.
I was relieved, but also a little leery. I called my insurance agent just to make sure that it was correct because I didn't want to get a surprise letter later on. She said that my claim was probably not closed yet, so my rates would stay the same until this policy ended. She said that in 6 months when I renewed my policy again, then perhaps my rates would go up at that time. But she wasn't certain if my rates would even go up at all.
So I had to wait and see..
This week I got my answer when our 6 month policy renewal came in the mail. Because of my at fault accident, my rates will be almost $70 more a month. Ouch.
I may have been able to get myself out of a parking ticket, but it looks like I couldn't evade those insurance underwriters...
Ew, that sucks. I hate dealing with insurance. Such a pain.
ReplyDeleteBTW, are things new and super cute around here?!
Hey Jolene, I'm really sorry to hear about your insurance woes! Unfortunately, this type of thing is more common than you might think.
ReplyDelete...and I'm LOL @ "I'd like to think that the stupid white post was at least 50% at fault"