It's getting to be that time of the quarter again when I have a ton of papers due because we are almost done.
This quarter, I am taking a Shakespeare course again, and we have to do a paper in which we watch a movie made from a Shakespeare play and compare it to the actual text. (How close does the movie follow the text? Are any scenes cut out? Did they do anything creative with their interpretation of the play?)
Exciting, right? No, really I'm serious. I'm actually looking forward to doing this.
Last quarter I picked the film, Richard III. This quarter I chose Hamlet.
And what's even better is that I chose the Hamlet with Mel Gibson in it.
Now, I've never seen this version before, but my professor said that in this movie, Hamlet/Mel seems to have this weird Freudian/Oedipal Complex thing going on for his mother (Gertrude). So aside from that being somewhat fascinating/entertaining, I think that might make for an interesting part of my paper.
But the nice surprise came today when I went to Hollywood Video to rent the DVD. I was at the cash register getting my money out, when the guy helping me told me that I had a free rental today! Why you ask? Sheesh I didn't even ask.... He said 'free' and that's all I needed to know...
Hooray! I love free.
ReplyDelete:) Don't you just love when you unexpectedly get little perks/bonuses/money?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE them! They just brighten my day! Of course when those unexpected "costs" occur, it can be a drag. I guess thats nature's way of keeping everything in balance.
Free is always good! :) I think that's cool that you have to do a paper comparing a movie to the book - and smart choice on Hamlet - with Mel Gibson! ;)
ReplyDelete