Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentines Day

My Valentines day started off very, very early.
Elizabeth woke up at about 6:30 (too early for a Saturday) and she said she didn't feel good.
I didn't feel good either because I woke up with a migraine, but I took an Imitrex and laid back down and the migraine went away for the most part.

At about 8:00, Mig left and said he had an "errand" to run. But I already knew that Mr. Wait-Until-the-Last-Second had just decided to do his Valentines Day shopping.

We normally don't make a big deal out of Valentines Day or buy each other anything, but Mig had said he wanted to buy flowers for Elizabeth because she had been so excited the whole week.
So Mig came back with 2 bouquets of flowers, one for me, and one for Eliz, and a big balloon for Michael. It was very sweet.
As the day went on though, Eliz started feeling worse and in addition to the cough she already had, she developed a fever.
(At one point, her temp got to 104, so we were starting to worry.)
But towards the evening, Eliz started feeling better again.

I took her to the dr. yesterday and she has an upper respiratory infection, but her ears and ear tubes are not affected at all.

It's been raining all day long, so it's good that she had the day off of school for President's Day.
She is feeling better though, so I'm glad.
Although, now I feel like I'm getting sick myself...oh no.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'll be glad when the cold/flu season is over! DH is sick again and I'm so afraid of getting it too. Hope you can stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .