Thursday, February 5, 2009

Meet Mr. Grasshopper

Earlier this week I was at school waiting for the Express (it's really just a bus) to pick up my lazy butt from the parking lot and drop me off right in front of the building my class is in. I turned around and there was this grasshopper just hanging out in the sun. (We've had some nice weather this week in the 80s) I had my camera with me, so I whipped it out and took these pictures for Elizabeth. The grasshopper was really close to me and it got me thinking that grasshoppers don't seem to be afraid of humans at all.
Or maybe the grasshopper just thought that he blended in so well with the plant that I couldn't actually see him.

The grasshopper also reminded me of this time, a while back...
I was driving and Eliz was in the back seat. It was a very hot day, so all the windows were down. We were stopped at a light, and all of a sudden Eliz screamed. I turned around to see what she was screaming about and in her lap, there was the biggest, ugliest grasshopper ever. It had jumped in through the window. I don't know where it came from, but I guess it thought it could catch a free ride with me.
Eliz was so scared, she just stood there all stiff with her eyes wide open.
So I had to pull over and shoo the grasshopper back out the window, but not before it started hopping around a bit and I screamed a few times myself too...

So what do you think...does it look like I have a promising future in the field of insect photography?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, good job catching that one in a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today when your page first opened for me, I was like, "Where am I?" Then I realized you gave your page a face lift. Very nice :)

    Great picture! Either your camera takes high quality pics or you're an awesome photographer...

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .