Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dumbest April Fools Joke Ever

I've never been a big participator in the whole April Fools Day thing. For one, I can never really think of any good jokes to play on anyone. And two, even if I do come up with a good joke, I can never keep a straight face long enough to make the joke worthwhile.

For example, there was this one time when I was younger, I woke up my older brother early on April Fools Day and told him that his car doors and trunk were open, and maybe someone had broken into his car the night before. I was all ready for him to jump up and run outside in his underwear, which would have been hilarious. He did jump up, but he only made it to the door before I couldn't contain myself and I burst out laughing. I thought it was funny, but he didn't.

Mig doesn't really like cruel jokes at his expense (and who does?) and he can always tell if I'm trying to pull a joke on him so I kinda gave up on any April Fools jokes.
----------------------------------------

Earlier, we were all out running errands and we were hungry, so we stopped at Pickup Stix for some Chinese. Mig had placed Michael's diaper bag on a chair across from me that was pushed into the table the whole time. So when we got up to leave, I didn't see the bag and I assumed that it was still in the car.

We got all the way home when I started to look for the bag and Mig remembered that we left it at the restaurant. I called the restaurant. They said they found it, and would hold it for us. So Mig got back in the car and headed back over there.

On Mig's way home, he called me and asked about what had been in Michael's diaper bag because it was completely empty.
"Empty???" I asked.
"Yes, it's completely empty. The girl at the counter said that's how she found it. What was in here before?" Mig said.
"So everything is gone? The diapers, his cup, his change of clothes?" I asked.
"Yup. Everything is gone," Mig said.
"OK. That is so weird. So you're telling me that Michael has been robbed of some diapers and juice, but they left his Pottery Barn Kids bag? Who would do that? Oh well, I guess they must have been desperate. I don't think Michael will be too upset that some of his diapers are gone."

Then that's when Mig said "April Fools!"

And then we both agreed that that must have been the cheapest April Fools joke ever.

6 comments:

  1. Popped in from SITS! I was never good at April Fool's jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents were always playing jokes on me! Now I am enjoying doing it back to my kids!:-)

    Have a great day!

    Tanielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That was quick thinking on his part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby would totally do something like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from SITS. Im not clever enough for april fools jokes.. Your husband was cool to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! my mom "got" my sister with a lame one

    mom: okay well someone's at the door i need to go.

    sis: um okay.

    hangs up

    mom calls back

    mom: april fool, no one was at the door!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .