Friday, April 3, 2009

Since Words Are My Life...

I recently discovered Unwords, the online dictionary full of words for all those hard-to-name, hard-to-describe things you come across. I don't know if I'll actually use any of these words in my everyday life, but still, I think all the things that can be done with the English language are pretty funny.

Some of my favorites are:


-accumulotion (ə-kyüm'yə-lō'shən)
a. (n.) The uncomfortably grotesque layer of slime that adorns the opening of a lotion dispenser.



-cabnicreep (kăb'nə-krĕp)
a. (n.) The structural condition in which the closing of one kitchen cabinet causes another to open.



-caffeinatic (kă'fē'năt'ĭk)
a. (n.) Someone who is a fanatic regarding their caffeine consumption.


-geekgasm (gēk'găz'əm)
a. (n.) A feeling of intense pleasure that occurs as a result of a nerdy experience.

Example: He had a geekgasm after receiving new software.
b. (v.) To experience a geekgasm.

Example: Eric geekgasmed after seeing Star Wars.



-mandals (măn'dls)
a. (n.pl.) Open-toe sandals worn by men.



-peemiss (pē-mĭs)
a. (v.) The act of peeing all over the the toilet seat instead of into the bowl.
b. (v.) pē-mĭs. A dificiency affecting primarily men, specifically concerning those with aiming problems.
c. (v.) pē-mĭs. If your a woman and this describes your condition, you have problems, and you might consider gender-awareness counseling.


-redonculous (rĭ-dŏng'kyü'ləs)
a. (adj.) Excessively ridiculous; Head-smacking ridiculous.

Example: John smacked his head as he exclaimed, "That's redonculous!"





Now, if this isn't hilarious, I don't know what is...

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I've been know to have a geekgasm before...or geek out as I call it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband uses Redonculous all the time!! haha

    And I know i have had a geekgasm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! I really need to incorporate some of those into my life and my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby totally suffers from peemiss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, that is hilarious! yep, some people have waaay too much time on their hands. looks like a cool job to have though--creating words and meanings. love "mandals" and totally identify with "caffeinatic." :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are perfect! Especially peemiss, we have a lot of that around here with three boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be saying that all day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you stopped by my bloggy! I am checking this website out for sure! I had a geekasm just reading this post! I love words!

    Thanks for hanging around over at my place! We'll have lots of fun!

    Good luck with the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE ANOTHER BLOG I BEEN CHECKING THEM EVERYDAY SINCE THE LAST ONE YOU POSTED!!! Honestly I feel addicted lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great..thanks for sharing! My favorite is Mandals. Hope you'll be posting some more.

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .