Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today I Will... - Writer's Workshop

This week's writing prompts, brought to you by Mama Kat are as follows:

1.) Who really helped you get over something? Write about that person.
2.) Is plastic surgery an option? Without being vulgar, write about the body part still attached to you that you would most like to dis-attach and replace with a better one.
3.) Share an interesting email exchange you've had with someone lately.
4.) Have you thought about shutting down your blog? Why haven't you and what would cause you to make that decision final?
5.) Today I will...
.......................................
I choose #5

Today I will be going to school. We are in the 4th week of our 10 week quarter. (My last quarter!!)

Today I will wish Miguel a very happy 27th birthday! You old fart. lol (I can call him this because I am 7 months younger than him.)

Today I will be making Mig his annual chocolate fudge, mini-M&M birthday cake, for the 9th year in a row.

Today I will think back to the first kiss I ever gave Mig, which was a sweet kiss on the cheek exactly 9 years ago, when I wished him a happy 18th birthday. (We were only friends at the time, but that kiss changed his life forever...)

Today I will thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful husband, who is an equally wonderful father to his children. (As I type this, I can hear him in the living room, reading the kids one of Eliz's favorite Junie B. Jones books, and he is even doing all the voices.) Am I lucky or what?

Happy Birthday Hun!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet daddy! My big girl likes Junie B too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! Happy Birthday to your hubs! Mine is an old fart too, lol. (27, and I can really pick on him since I'm three and a half years younger!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Junie B. Jones...my little sister was in love with those books when we were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Such a lovely post! Definitely a keeper!!!!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to a great daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged ya for an award at my place!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .