There have been fires here in Southern California for the past few days, but they got really bad yesterday. Freeways were closed, thousands of people were ordered to evacuate and homes have been burned to the ground.
Yesterday the news showed people who were trying to stay at their homes and do everything they could by using water hoses and buckets to keep embers that were being blown near their homes from starting a fire.
The fires haven't been that close to me here in L.A. County, but they are nearby.
When I go outside, I can smell the burning and in the distance, the sky is so dark and cloudy, it appears as if it is rainy, but it is really smoke.
The air quality is so bad that the Pasadena Marathon that my friend and sister in law were going to run in today has been cancelled.
I pray that the winds stay calmer and the weather more humid so that these fires can be contained.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .