Tuesday, November 25, 2008

That's $30 I'll Never See Again

Earlier this year, our city started having our streets sweeped twice a week. On Monday one side of the street is cleaned, then Friday is the other side. The streets pretty much look the same after the street sweeper goes by, and the streets weren't really that dirty to begin with. But anyway, about a month ago, Mig forgot about street-sweeping day and he got a parking ticket. I've had the ticket sitting on my counter, just waiting to be paid. I suppose I wouldn't consider thirty dollars to be a whole lot of money during more stable economic times, but today, as I wrote out my check, I couldn't help but think of the things I'd rather be buying with that money, like diapers, formula, I don't know..some chocolate maybe, anything.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's so annoying! I'm sorry! No I don't think that your a bad parent! lol- it happens, but when I have to chase or track a parent down more than 5x's a week I get reallly mad! lol- I work for a Sylvan Learning Center...I am the Center Director.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE THAT!!! Thank you for reminding me why I like living in the STICKS! Our roads are full of potholes most places, but at LEAST they don't bother trying to sweep them!

    I bet he'll never do THAT again!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .