In honor of today's election, we had some All-American Pot Roast for dinner. It's good no matter which political party you're from...
Ingredients:
-3 - 3 1/2 lb. Chuck Roast (or whatever roast you like/have)
The veggies can be added/omitted however you please:
-4-5 potatoes (quartered)
-3-4 celery stalks (chopped in large chunks)
-1 1/2 - 2 cups baby carrots or 2-3 carrots
-1 pouch dry onion soup mix
-2-3 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
-1/2 cup water or broth
-Other seasonings you like: seasoned salt, garlic salt, pepper, etc.
1. Place roast in slow cooker (you may brown your roast in a pan if you'd like)
2. Layer veggies around the roast starting with potatoes at the bottom.
3. Sprinkle everything with onion soup mix, worcestershire, and other seasonings.
4. Add water/broth.
5. Cook on Low 8-10 hours or on High 4-5 hours and that's it!
I love love LOVE my crock pot!!! I use it as often as I can!
ReplyDelete