Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's My Birthday Today!

Yes...as of 11:30ish tonight, I will be 26 years old. I've had a nice weekend so far. On Thursday, we went to Miguel's parent's house for Thanksgiving. Then yesterday (Saturday) we went to my mom's for a non-traditional day Thanksgiving, but my family also celebrated my birthday, so that was really nice.
Today, I have a ton of homework to do, as I usually do around this time. Since I am near the end of my quarter, I have term papers and projects to do.
A few years ago I was doing a 10 page research paper on my birthday that was due the next day. Procrastination at its finest, right?
Back to this coming week: on Tuesday I have 2 papers due, 1 for Shakespeare, and 1 for my expository writing class.
Then on Thursday I have an Applied Pragmatics in Linguistics project/paper/presentation due. (Wow the 3 Ps) The Applied Pragmatics part sounds more complicated than it really is... I have been collecting spoken utterances in normal everyday conversation with my project focusing on requests to be exact. Very, very fun stuff.
Alrighty, I better get to it.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day and you don't have to do too much work! What is your major?

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday
    Thank you for stopping by my blog,
    bags for brent
    katrina in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!!!!!!!! Hope it was a good one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!!! (Hey, I've been out of town!)

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .