Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Business and Some Updates

What's going on with me:

Spring Quarter (my last quarter woo hoo) started today but my class schedule will now be Tuesdays and Thursdays so I didn't have any classes today.

And tomorrow is a Cesar Chavez Holiday (si se puede! Did I spell that right?) so technically, my new classes don't start until Thursday.



What's going on with Mig:

Mig is still laid off, and they haven't been calling him to go in to work very often. In fact, the past couple weeks, he's only gotten called about once or twice a week on average. We are trying to stay positive though. Since Mig has been home more often, and since I was on Spring Break from school last week, we joked around and said that we were both on hiatus...lol

And even though our budget is getting tighter and tighter, I know that God is watching out for us, because when we got our income tax return a couple weeks ago, we ended up getting more than we had expected due to a mathematical error on our form. (I wasn't exactly happy that the woman who did our taxes for us made a subtraction error, but I was more than glad to be getting extra money, especially at a time when we need it most.)



What's going on with Eliz:

Eliz lost yet another tooth on the bottom last week for a total of 3 teeth lost on the bottom and 0 on top. She put her tooth under her pillow that night in anticipation of the 6 dollars that the tooth fairy would bring her (I told her that the tooth fairy gives you 1 dollar for every year in your age). When I went to make the 'exchange' that night after she had fallen asleep, I could not, for the life of me find the tooth under her pillow. She has a very high loft bed, so I had to stand on a chair while I searched and searched for her tooth, until I finally just gave up and left the money there, and I hoped that Eliz wouldn't notice. In the morning when she woke up, she was very excited to find the money, but then she wanted to know why the tooth fairy didn't take her tooth. Uh oh..........
So I had to tell her that maybe the tooth fairy didn't take her tooth because she needed to brush her teeth better. And there were no more questions after that...



What's going on with Michael:

Sometime last week, Michael completed his transformation into a little monkey and now climbs everything in sight: the chairs in the kitchen, the kitchen table, his highchair, my dresser, the toilet seat (thank goodness we are all trained to leave the seat down). I almost had a heart attack when I walked past the kid's room and saw Michael climbing up the ladder of the above mentioned very high loft bed.
He was already at the top step of the ladder. I need to keep an eye on my little monkey even more now.

6 comments:

  1. Dang girl I want to lose my teeth at your house! My daughter gets $1 for a tooth, and when it comes time to lose molars maybe $2 or $3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha this is funny jolene!!! but it sucks that he's still not working. It will get better!!!! if you guys need a baby sitter uncle chu chu is always here... even though lately it hasn't seemed that way.. I miss my kids a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    Just stopping by from SITS to say hello.
    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates...I hope things start to get better for you guys. I'm sure with time, conditions will improve :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by, I hope hubby is called back very soon. That is a cool bed!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .