...and yet so far!
I got my grades last night:
19th Century American Literature: A-
Shakespeare: A-
So my cumulative GPA is now: 3.45, and I will not be graduating with honors. But it's ok, really.
Like I said, it would have been nice to graduate with honors and to have it designated on my degree, but oh well.
I allowed myself to be bummed about it for about 2 minutes, and then I let it go.
I wanted to thank everyone who left me such nice and encouraging comments yesterday as I waited for my grades to be posted, because you all really helped me to put things into perspective...
Especially my cousin, Anita:
Thank you for explaining how I could calculate my GPA using hypothetical grades. You really explained it beautifully, but I gotta tell you, you lost me halfway into the second sentence. Me and numbers do not mix. I can't even do simple subtraction in my head. lol My brain just shuts down when it comes anywhere near numbers. But thank you also for the reality check about how GPAs don't even really matter in the real world. I needed to hear that. (And thank you for sharing the story about Edwin, because dang, how could I feel bad about myself when Edwin missed the honors mark twice? Ouch! lol)
So for the rest of the week, I am just going to enjoy what's left of my Spring Break and recharge my battery for the new quarter that starts next week.
Im sorry you didnt get the high honors you were looking for. But I have to tell you, once you get into the workplace no one will ever notice. You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteAww that's too bad, but those are fantastic grades! You should be really proud of yourself!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I thought my comment was a little wordy. hehe
ReplyDeleteActually, calculating your GPA is pretty easy but requires some patience. But, I guess considering how lengthy my explanation was, it can seem a bit overwhelming ;)
Also, good job on getting the A-'s! Grades like that are not easy to get, and I've gotta tell you, your GPA to date is pretty damn good considering you have two (let's call them "see's") in your past. ;)~ Sometimes life events can get in the way of our focus on school and unfortunately sometimes that ends up in less than stellar grades.
Overall, good job and keep up the good work! You're almost there :)
Congratulations on graduating!!! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!
ReplyDeleteIn the bigger picture, employers care about the degree, not what you took and what you got. You know?? Even C's get degrees!!