I was just introduced to the weekly Writer's Workshop over at Mama's Losing It.
She gives a few writing prompts each week, and then you get to choose which one you write about.
The prompt I chose is:
1.) Discuss an intense game of Pictionary that you spent most of Saturday night arguing with your family about, only to log in to your email account two days later to find 35 emails between said family regarding aformentioned game and rules.
------------------------------------------------------
I've been apart of many an intense game of Pictionary here at our house, but I don't think there has been any emails involved afterwards. (Not that I know of anyway.)
There was a time when Mig and I would play Pictionary regularly with visitors to our house, cousins, friends, family, etc.
If Mig and I were on the same team, we were unstoppable.
But if we weren't on the same team, things would get ugly. I think it's because Mig knows just what to say to push my buttons, especially if my team is losing and his team is winning.
For instance, if we are playing 'guys against girls,' (which I refuse to do anymore) and the guys are winning, Mig would purposely say, "The girls suck and the guys are better!"
I know its childish, but still, it really pisses me off. Everyone knows that girls are really smarter than boys right? How dare he....
This once escalated into me throwing a marker at Mig's head. I missed because I don't have a very good aim, but still, I don't know what came over me. (Not my proudest moment, I assure you.)
And to add to my annoyance when we are playing, Mig's cousin (I will not mention any names) will always start gesturing to his team when he is supposed to be drawing. And no matter how many times I remind him (or yell at him) that we are playing PICTIONARY and not CHARADES, he will still conveniently forget and start gesturing again!
I'm mean, I'm usually a very calm person, but Pictionary just brings out this rage in me...lol
So naturally I got this reputation of being a ruthless, defensive, marker-throwing Pictionary player, and that's not a very flattering picture of myself. (no pun intended..ha)
So I gave up playing Pictionary for a while, and the angry Pictionary beast inside me has laid dormant.
We recently played Pictionary again a couple months ago, after not playing for probably over a year.
Some of my cousins, brother-in-law, and my mom had been over for Michael's birthday, and someone suggested that we play...
Oh no, I thought. What if the Pictionary Beast is unleashed?
No, no..I'm not like that anymore. I planned that I would be calm and just have fun, because that's what it's all about anyway right?
So we played. And I kept it together.
Even when Mig's team was winning, and he noticed that everyone on my team was either in college or had graduated from college, and that everyone on his team wasn't college educated, and yet they were still winning.
Even when he named my team "The Dumb-Dumbs" and his team "The Intelligents." (very original)
He even rubbed it in that his team was one man down because my mom had fallen asleep on the couch behind us (it was a very late game) and yet, his team was stilllllllllllllll winning.
But still, I just laughed, and I kept it together, and it actually turned out to be more fun because I wasn't so worried about winning and I wasn't yelling at perfectly nice people who were visiting my home.
lol, I remember that night. It was fun! It was the most fun and the latest night out that Edwin and I have had in a LONG time! :)
ReplyDeletePopped in from SITS to say hi!
ReplyDeleteHi.
ReplyDeleteI'm just passing by via SITS.
Have a great day!
Great post today! Just swinging by, because I've been a little busy lately.
ReplyDeleteOh---tagged you for an award, because you're Fabulous!!
http://learnlove-laughlive.blogspot.com/2009/03/id-like-to-thank-academy.html
LOL, glad you learned to tame "the Pictionary beast"! I'm pretty competitive too, but my husband is the WORST! Almost not even fun to play with him because he takes it so seriously!
ReplyDeleteI actually just came by to tell you that the randomly-selected winner of the Cheesecake Factory gift certificate is Joy from Joy to the Blog. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, and for being a regular follower of my blog! Come visit for my best giveaway ever from March 23rd-26th!
Haha! That's how my hubby and I get w/ scrabble! The last time we played it I wrote a big note to myself and put it in the box that says "Never play this game again!" Lol!
ReplyDeleteLOL@ "Oh no, I thought. What if the Pictionary Beast is unleashed?"...I know what you mean. You try to remain calm because it is just a game and the intent is to have fun. Glad the last game was more fun for you :>).
ReplyDelete