1.) Somebody I'm praying for....
2.) I don't believe in prayer because...
3.) What are you putting off right now?
4.) You can go back to your childhood for one day. What day and age do you choose?
5.) Your friend tells you he can pick up any girl at the bar, no matter what he says. You bet him $100 he can't. Create the world's worst pick up line and send your friend off into the crowd. What happens?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'll choose #1:
Have you ever had a moment where you've felt like God just slapped you on the back of the head because you should know better? (Or at least that He's trying to tell you something or show you something that needs to be brought to your attention?)
I had a moment like this about a month ago.......
It was the very day that I found out we would no longer have health insurance. I was feeling really down about it, and having a little pity party for myself (but I was the only person there at the party so it sucked really bad.)
I was so absorbed in my thoughts about the world and life in general just not being fair.
And I was thinking, 'how are we ever going to manage without insurance?'
And then....
somehow, I came across the Williams Family Blog and I started reading all about this sweet baby boy named Jonah who had just been born with a skin disorder called Epidermolysis Bullosa.
This baby's story and his parent's strength and unwavering faith so deeply touched my heart that I began to feel ashamed of the way I had been feeling only moments before this.
There I was, feeling bad and worrying about this minor obstacle that has been placed before me that I had forgotten to have faith and to just trust in God.
So since I needed a wake-up call, God essentially slapped me on the back of the head and made me realize that He has blessed me with so much already.
So we don't have insurance...so what?
God has blessed us with good health and He is providing for all of our needs, and for that I am truly thankful.
So ever since I found out about baby Jonah, I have been praying for him and following his daily progress. He's about a month old now and he has had some good days and some bad days since he was born, but I pray that baby Jonah has nothing but good days in his future. If you'd like to pray for him too, I'm sure he and his parents could use all the prayers they can get....
It is so true that when we look around, our own lives just don't seem that bad sometimes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice post! What blueviolet said is so true... :)
ReplyDeleteWe all need to be slapped in the head once in awhile.
ReplyDeleteHi Jolene! Thanks for visiting my What the %@*#?! Wednesday post this week! I have Jonah's button on my blog and have been praying for him too. Poor sweet little guy. I hate to see baby's suffering. I'm so grateful that my two are healthy! But I have tons of moments where I get caught up in a self-pity party and forget to focus on the million ways God has blessed me. Thanks for being candid and sharing your weak moment with us. And thanks for spreading the word about Jonah!
ReplyDelete