Mig and I started a diet on Tuesday called 'The Fat Smash Diet.' The first 9 days of this diet is called Phase I or the Detox Phase. So during this time, our diet consists of unlimited amounts of fruits, vegetables, and beans/lentils, with limited amounts of brown rice, egg whites, oatmeal, yogurt, or milk.
It might sound a little restrictive, but I tend to have this "Life is short, so you shouldn't deprive yourself" attitude about food. So if I want some chocolate, I'll have some chocolate. If I feel like drinking a coke, I'll drink a coke.
So I really need to change this attitude. Plus, I don't like to exercise. So these 2 things combined have done me no favors in the weight department and I am still carrying around year-old baby weight when I should have tried to get rid of it a long time ago.
And actually this diet is not restrictive at all if you compare it to another diet we tried...
A couple years ago, Mig and I decided to do this diet called 'The Master Cleanse.' But let me start off by saying that this diet is solely for the purposes of detoxing your body and not for weight loss, even though you may lose a little weight from NOT EATING FOR 10 WHOLE DAYS!!!!!
Yes, that's right, it is a completely liquid/fasting diet. And don't get me wrong, the whole 10 day experience was enlightening (to say the least) as you discover so much about yourself and how much of your life actually revolves around food. Such as:
What should I buy at the grocery store?
What should I make for dinner?
Where should we go out to eat?
and my personal favorite:
I'm not even hungry, but I'm just bored so I think I'll have a snack...
So let's compare shall we?
Fruits & Veggies OR liquid???
I think I'll go with the fruits and veggies.
That diet doesn't sound bad, but unfortunately for me, I've kind of reached an age where cutting my calories alone is not allowing me to lose weight the way it used to work just a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteI think my body reacts by slowing down my metabolism even more so in order to see a difference, I have to work out AND cut my calories. If its this bad right now, I can imagine what its gonna be like when I have kids!! Oh, the horror!! lol
I am planning to incorporate some kind of exercise into my routine and the dr. who wrote the book about the diet strongly recommends it. Maybe I'll do pilates because I hate running.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your diet, Jolene! I used to be able to eat anything and not gain much weight. It's caught up with me now, though! Slowed metabolism (slows with age, right?) and 3 babies (last 2 were practically back to back) will do that too you, I guess. I have about 20 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-baby self. I'd be happy to lose 5-10 though! I've been trying to avoid junk food (I'm one of those "Eat When You're Bored" kind of people). I was doing so good too....until the neighbors brought those 3 packs of Nestle cookies over. Curse them! lol!
ReplyDeleteUm, yeah. Fruits and veggies for sure! I am amazed that you didn't pass out daily from a liquid diet. I know I would surely have.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on this! Be strong.
-Francesca