The past couple days have been great. I don't even know where to start.
I previously said that we didn't buy gifts for anyone at all, but Christmas Eve morning, Miguel was still feeling a little down and insisted that we buy something, even if it was something small for our parents and I had to agree with him. Our parents do so much for us and our kids, and although I'm sure they know how much we appreciate them already, it was still nice to give them something for Christmas. We also bought a little something for a couple other people in our family who constantly touch our lives with their kindness and generosity throughout the year.
And speaking of gifts.... Elizabeth and Michael were up to their ears in gifts not only from "Santa" but from everyone else in our family. They are well loved. I will have to post some pictures soon when I upload them.
stopping by from sits.
ReplyDeletemay the new year bring your family happiness!
we've been where you are - it's not fun. it's been a long 3 years for us, and we are just starting to get "regular and steady" income from my husband's job/jobs.
tie a knot in the end of your rope and hang on! it will be okay and you will survive :)
I hope your family had a Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI am sure those who you weren't able to get gifts for understand your circumstances. Times are tough.
I wandered over to your blog from SITS.
I am glad that you had a goood Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing that your children are so well loved by your family!
ReplyDeleteSorry...that comment probably sounds weird...hubby and I have been having long discussions lately about his upbringing and not being accepted by his step-family and also about how we're worried that our (future) adopted children will not be accepted by his family....there, now that comment makes sense!
ReplyDeleteI got most beautiful and memorable gifts for my friends on this Christmas from Things Remembered...
ReplyDelete