Michael has been taking a couple steps on his own here and there for the past couple months, but I think I can call him an official walker as of yesterday.
Elizabeth didn't walk until she was about 14 months, so I was expecting the same from Michael. He is about 10 1/2 months right now.
But whoever said that no two children are the same was exactly right!
Yesterday Michael kept walking back and forth from the kitchen to the living room while I was making dinner. He's been sick with a fever for the past couple days, so he wasn't in his usual, cheerfully proud mood when he was walking last night. (Usually when he walks, we clap and say "Yay," so then he smiles and claps too.) But last night, he just kept shuffling his little feet with this sad, sick expression on his face, so he looked like a little walking robot. LOL
I hope he feels better soon so he can enjoy his accomplishment.
Poor little guy! But congrats on the walking! My son walked at 10 months but I'm not expecting that from my daughter. She's on her own timeline. She's almost 7 months old and she can sit on her own but she's not very solid at it. She still tips a lot! And she won't even attempt to crawl. She just screams during tummy time. I agree that every child is different! Mine are different in a lot of ways.
ReplyDelete