It's only been one day since I began my new year's resolution and already it's being tested.
I'm so stressed out right now that I want to bite my nails, but don't worry...I won't do it.
The cause of my stress:
Mig needs to work a certain amount of hours to be eligible for health benefits for the month after. This month he worked less hours than usual because of the layoff (which we were expecting).
However, he was paid some hours this month that were owed to him from a couple of months ago and we thought that those hours could be applied toward his total work hours for this month. (Sorry if I'm confusing anyone.)
Anyway, we thought we were all clear and that Mig had reached the number of hours he needed to receive health benefits for January.
But he found out last night that those back hours cannot be applied towards this month's, so he is about 13 hours shy of what he needs.
He has one vacation day left and he is going to see if that can be applied toward his hours. But he would still need to work one additional day, and there are only 2 days left for the month of December. So will he be called in either today or tomorrow? I certainly hope so, but we'll just have to see...
Geez, that's tough. Feeling like you're living hour by hour, waiting and seeing can't be fun. But...hang in there. The new year is almost here and typically it allows us all to start again fresh and new! :)
ReplyDeleteKEEEP WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteHope it all works out for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, yes, very stressful.
ReplyDeleteI hope he gets the hours in.
We went a summer without insurance once (but we don't have kids-a little easier), and it is VERY stressful being w/o insurance.