Thursday, December 18, 2008

I've Been Driving Illegally!!

Well not completely, but don't turn me in please!
Earlier this week, Mig went out with a couple of his cousins and their friend since childhood...We'll call him Ian.
Oh who am I kidding? That's his real name, Ian. I can't think of a better imaginary one for now. So anyway Ian has lived across the street from Mig's parent's house since they were kids. He's basically become family over the years.

Ian is going to be moving to Washington the day after Christmas because he has a job waiting for him over there that pays really well, so he is relocating.
So like I was saying, Mig and his cousins went out to a bar with Ian earlier this week to have a couple drinks and to spend time with him before he leaves.
At one of the bars, Ian was carded but he got kicked out because his license was expired!!!!
When Mig told me this, I was thinking, geez what a dork, who lets their license expire?

And then....................
a twinge of panic came over me.............

As the vague memory of receiving a letter a couple months ago from the DMV for me to renew my license suddenly came back to me.
I put it in my letter pile thinking that I would take care of it another day, since I had over 2 months to renew it, but yup I forgot about the letter so I never renewed my license. My birthday was over 2 weeks ago, so that's how long it's been expired. But don't worry, I took care of it right after I remembered, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

Geez, who lets their license expire?

3 comments:

  1. This is soo funny! I can not believe it! I am glad that you took care of it!!! P.S. I wont give you to the cops...not yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stopping by from sits - i'm glad you posted this. i got my card in the mail a few weeks ago, but forgot about it until now. i have a few weeks left to get my new license, but now i'm planning to go this week and get it renewed. thanks for helping me to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... I lived in Arizona for several years and now I tend to forget that licenses have expiration dates in most states! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .