Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend

This past weekend was the first weekend in a very long time that I didn't have either some homework or reading to do that was preventing me from fully enjoying the other aspects of my life. So I took advantage of my new freedom from school work because the new quarter will be starting at the beginning of January.

On Friday, my mom, brother, niece (2 yo), nephews(11 yo & 8 yo), and Elizabeth were all going to Knott's Berry Farm so I decided to join them at the last minute. We had a really fun day. The weather was nice. The lines were short. When we first got there my brother, my nephews and I were going on a rollercoaster called Ghost Rider, and Elizabeth wanted to come too. She just made the height requirement of 48 inches.

(can't believe my just-turned 6 yo is already 4 feet tall!)

I explained to her that it was a scary ride, and she might not like it, but she insisted so I let her get on Ghost Rider with me..... bad idea.

This ride was scary, even for me, so it must have been horribly scary for Elizabeth. She was sitting next to me, and as soon as the first big drop came, she slid down in the seat, and was holding on for dear life. She almost gave me a heart attack. She said it was fun, but I think she only said that because her two cousins were there.


So after that, we made our way over to Camp Snoopy (with my mom and niece )where there was lots of kid-friendly rides and entertainment.

Here is a picture of the kids:




On Saturday we went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and that was a lot of fun too. I think that was Michael's first time there.






The static from the slide made Michael's hair stand up.



Elizabeth used all her tokens on this bike that went up and down.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm glad you were able to just have fun and not have to worry about other things!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .