I just had to share this with you all...
This morning as Elizabeth was eating breakfast, she asked me, "Mom...mom...mom. How old is my auntie?"
(hmmm...she has so many. I wondered which one she was talking about.)
Me:"Which one are you talking about, Elizabeth?"
Eliz: "My auntie! You know that one."
(She's bad with remembering names.)
Me: "I don't know which one you're talking about. What does she look like?"
Eliz: "My auntie...the one with the ROTTEN TOOTH!"
Me: "Who!?!?!? Well what does she look like?"
(Then I thought, oh my goodness. Who is she talking about? I hope she's not talking about one of our extended family members from the baby shower on Saturday. What if she is? I hope she didn't say anything about this person's bad dental hygiene at the party! Oh no!)
Eliz: "The one with the cats."
(And then I knew...she could only be talking about one person: my cousin, Eliz's Godmother.)
Me: "OH..You mean Auntie ****. Uh, I think she's 24....Why?"
Eliz: "HA! She didn't get 24 dollars from the tooth fairy!!!!"
I could leave the story at that, but this next part I am required to tell you..
Eliz's Godmother doesn't actually have a rotten tooth. A couple months ago when Eliz received her first visit from the tooth fairy, Eliz's Godmother graciously offered her a (fictitious) precautionary tale about how when she lost a tooth, the tooth fairy didn't leave her any money at all because she didn't do a good job with brushing her teeth. The story was meant to scare Eliz straight, so to speak, into keeping up with her brushing habits. Again, I am required to tell you that this part of the story is completely made up. Eliz's Godmother DOES in fact practice good dental hygiene.
I also told Eliz (since I was short on cash the night she lost her tooth) that the tooth fairy's rule is to give you 1 dollar for every year in your age, so that's why she asked how old her Godmother was.
Eliz's Godmother (you gotta love her), she meant well, but since Eliz is so bad at remembering names, she will now be known as
"My Auntie with the cats and the rotten tooth"
Or just "Auntie Rotten Tooth" for short....LOL
FYI, I knew who she was talking about right when I read the title, lol!
ReplyDeleteThis cracked me up!
OMGosh. That has me cracking up!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! LOL
Ughhhhhhh, that's the last time I try to help you teach your kids good habits! LOL.
ReplyDelete