Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Loved Ones Guest Post Day" - Nasty little obsessions.

Tattooed Minivan Mom is hosting a "Loved Ones Guest Post Day," so I coerced, uh I mean asked my lovely cousin, Tatiana (To call her my cousin is actually an understatement. We are more like sisters), if she'd be willing and able...


And as it turns out, she was willing and able to write a guest post because she was just sitting around at home with her 3 cats. Kidding. (sorry Tati; don't hit me)
Really though, she took time out of her busy day to write this wonderful post. So here it is:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, my name is Tati, or as some of you may now know me as "Auntie Rotten Tooth," lol. I will be writing a guest blog for Jolene today. As she asked me to write the guest post I had a little moment of panic, "What should I write about?" Then it hit me. As Jolene and I were instant messaging each other, what was I doing at that exact same time? Trying to find out information about the New Kids on the Block cruise. Let me explain.

I'm sure most of you know who the New Kids on the Block, or for short NKOTB are. They were considered one of the first "boy bands" that primed from 1988 to about 1994. My cousin, Jolene and I were crazy fans. I was young but I knew that I was in love with Joey McIntyre who was the youngest member of the group. Jolene's heart belonged to Jordan and my sister liked Donnie and sometimes Jordan. (Sorry Jolene; don't hit me.)


Anyway, we never got to see them in concert which was completely devastating and I believe caused long term psychological damage, just kidding. But nonetheless we never got our chance. Throughout all the years I would get into my "NKOTB moods" meaning I would pull out all of my old CD's and videos and watch them for days at a time until I had to give up and return to the real world. I would always wonder if someday they would do a reunion tour but I thought it wasn't very likely.

Then last May I was browsing the internet and I spotted an article stating that they would be releasing a new CD and would be going on tour in the fall. My heart almost popped out of my chest and I frantically reached for the phone to call my partners in crime; Jolene and my sister, knowing they would appreciate the information and go to a concert with me.

So we ended up going to the concert last October and it was a dream come true. So here is where the title of my post comes into play. Ever since they went on tour I have been crazy obsessed for videos, blogs, pictures, whatever just as long as I get my dose of NKOTB for the day. They just announced a cruise that they will be doing in May so I have been fervently trying to find information about it; hoping that I can trick my boyfriend into going with me. Even with the economy going as it has been, I still cannot resist the temptation to go on this cruise AND go to a few concerts this year. I sometimes even find myself stuck to the computer for hours watching videos of the past concerts.

I have also been anticipating my "Face Time" this year which is what Donnie Wahlberg from the group has termed for spending time with fans.

This is going to cost me a lot of money.........it's going to make my boyfriend annoyed........but he knew what he was in for when he met me. I drew up a contract for him to sign..........

I, ____________________________, do solemnly swear to adhere to all conditions below, regarding the actions of my girlfriend, ____________________________, at the New Kids On The Block concerts.



1. Whatever happens at the concert, stays at the concert. You may not tell others anything that took place at the concert without my permission, be it to laugh at my expense or not.

2. You cannot use my actions against me in any way, shape or form during the concert or any time thereafter. Anything I say or do cannot be held against me in a court of law.

3. You will allow me to go wherever I wish and stay out as late as need be without complaint, despite the fact that you have to be up early the next morning for work.

4. Potential hugs (or kisses) from group members do not count as acts of infidelity. Moreover, I cannot in any way be held accountable for actions of any said group members.

5. Last, but not least, you must remember at all times that despite my seemingly erratic behavior, you remain the person I love, I probably will never have a chance with Joey anyway.



Signature: ____________________________ Date:_______________


Nasty little obsessions I tell ya.


7 comments:

  1. Nice to 'meet' you Jolene's cousin!

    NKOTB huh? I never got into them. But then, I had two older brothers and no sisters or cousins around and my brothers told me I liked NKOTB I would be 'not cool'....so what was a little sis gonna do?? I then told everyone at elementary school the same thing-that NKOTB weren't cool. I seriously think I am the cause of many many girls missing out on the NKOTB obsession. Will I ever be forgiven?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G.!
    Tati is officially a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I am soooo excited for this cruise because I love NKOTB! They are definitely the Right Stuff for me hahaha!! Have you seen all the recent photos of them? Is it just me or did they get hotter?! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta ask...is Joey on your "list"? You know the list right? I personally don't have one but I know some people do.

    Thanks for playing along guys! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, warn a girl if you are going to make a funny! Jolene's "Auntie Rotten Teeth" post had me laughing all day! And you just had to bring it back up.

    Ah yes, NKOTB. I just saw something about the cruise today! You WILL have to update us and let us know if you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is way too funny. I loved NKOTB and Nsync but then I'm gay so that might have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA!!! Jolene, my favorite was Jordan too!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .