I.......got........no.........sleep....last.....night.
I'm not even exaggerating or embellishing for effect.
Really, I got zero sleep.
Yesterday, Michael was having a crankier than usual day and he didn't really take a nap.
So when he fell asleep early last night, I thought he'd be out for the whole night, but I was wrong.
He woke up about 30 minutes after he fell asleep and then proceeded to cry inconsolably for pretty much the whole night...
He'd fall asleep for about 20 minutes, then wake up and cry for a few minutes, then sleep for about 20 minutes, then wake up.....
And I was pretty much awake the whole night just worrying and waiting for him to wake up again for the one thousandth time.
Mig got up with Michael a couple times and was trying to comfort him, (which was nice) but I was still awake the whole time to make sure he was doing it right (j/k). I just couldn't sleep because Michael also had a fever, and fevers tend to freak me out.
Since Michael really has no symptoms other than a runny nose (but that could be from all the crying) I'm thinking it could be an ear infection. I'm taking him to the doctor in a little while, so we'll see. Poor little guy.
That's rough! I've always found that it's just easier for me to get up and deal with the kids. Just like you I wouldn't sleep anyway. I hope he starts feeling better and you get some sleep tonight!
ReplyDeleteYuck! I hate nights like that. We are having them here. I think I am coming down w/ whatever this crap is. Hope you sleep tonight. Hope the baby is o.k.
ReplyDelete