The other night, we experienced a couple of firsts here at the Chong household.
Michael threw up for the very first time, and when I say he threw up, I mean he really threw uppppppp.
What is even more interesting is that Miguel was holding Michael at the time. Mig has never had the distinct privilege of caring for or cleaning up a child that has just vomited. This is because Eliz doesn't throw up very often.
I could probably count on one hand the total number of times she has ever thrown up.
And when she has vomited, it has usually been in the middle of the night when I was already up with her because she wasn't feeling good.
So again, Mig has never experienced the pleasure of washing regurgitated cheetos out of Eliz's sheets, clothes, and hair in the middle of the night.
So the other night Michael, (who just learned how to drink from a straw) was being a little too enthusiastic with this new ability and he got too much juice in his mouth, so he started coughing and coughing.
Mig was sitting on the couch and picked up Michael and then it happened.........
Michael threw up what looked like cottage cheese (it was a mixture of oatmeal and milk..yum) all over Mig's shirt.
Mig sat there with Michael in his lap for a few seconds, temporarily paralyzed by panic and disgust.
Then Michael started to throw up again, so Mig rushed to the kitchen while carrying Michael and he got a paper towel. But the store-brand paper towel was no match for the projectile vomit that was spewing out of Michael's mouth. (I guess we should buy some Bounty paper towels next time.)
So then Mig (still in a state of panic and confusion, as this was his first time with a vomiting child, remember) rushed over to the bathroom with Michael. This whole time, the cottage cheese-like substance had been splattering all over Mig and the kitchen floor and carpet, etc.
Miguel then placed Michael on the bathroom counter near the sink so that Michael could continue to empty the entire contents of his stomach.
So where was I during this whole thing? Well, I was a concerned observer to the whole situation of course, but I didn't step in to help until after Michael was done. There's no need for two people to get thrown up on if they don't have to, right?
So after Michael was done, I undressed him and put him in the bathtub. I thought Michael would have been a little frightened from everything that had just happened but he was happy as could be, splashing away in the tub, with vomit on his chin and all.
Behind me though, Mig was carefully peeling off his vomitized clothes. And I couldn't help but laugh because I guess now Mig knows that vomit happens sometimes...
OMG! I was at my friend Meaghans house and her daughter did this to me...it was a first! I had to ask help from their two year old....needless to say..next time I babysit I will have ALL items I need and know where to get an extra shirt!
ReplyDeleteOh there is nothing worse!!
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo funny, I kind of had a moment like this when Bella peed on me at grandma's house.
ReplyDeleteOh yuck. No fun. Poor baby. :(
ReplyDelete