The first night I had the dream, the shark was trying to eat me, but last night, the shark was trying to eat Elizabeth, and I was carrying Michael at the same time. So to save Eliz, I would have had to drop Michael, and then the shark would have ate him.
Very irrational, I know, but disturbing nonetheless. I hate dreams where I am helpless, and especially when the dream involves my kids, because that makes me feel even more helpless.
So last night, I woke up some time after midnight because the dream creeped me out. I got up even though I was a little disoriented, and got some water. Then I laid back down and tried to get the weird dream out of my head.
Then........I started hearing loud rumbling noises coming from what I thought was upstairs (?) which actually wouldn't have been that random or weird because our neighbors upstairs seem to think that the best time to move furniture or vacuum is late at night, and the later the better. Sometimes it sounds like they are bowling or something up there, but I digress....
The rumbling started getting louder and louder and louder, until I realized that it wasn't my neighbors at all, but it was thunder. Very, very loud thunder, and lightning too. It sounded like it was right outside our window, and in fact our window was rattling and making a lot of noise. Miguel is usually a heavy sleeper, but all the noise woke him up too, so we both got up to see where all the noise was coming from. When we looked out the window, we discovered that it was hailing outside!
(For those of you from around the country, this probably isn't a big deal, but here in Southern California, we're lucky if we get some light rain a few times in the winter.)
Within a couple minutes of the first thunder I had heard, the ground outside was covered with hail:
That is Miguel's giant ogre hand print because he picked up some of the ice.
I took pictures of it because I wanted to show Eliz in the morning, in case the ice would be gone. (She always says she wishes it would snow here.) But the ice was still around our whole neighborhood so she got to see it in the morning on our way to school, and she was very excited!
Wow, that's so weird. I think we got hail like that last winter. It never snows here either, sometimes I wish it would!
ReplyDeleteThis is why I couldn't have a blog...your life seems so interesting; you always have something to write about. My life is always so boring...I don't have anything to write about...like, what would I say? "Today's office meeting was swell!"...or, "There were free chocolate bars in the break room this morning?"
ReplyDeletelol.
Well two days ago I had a dream that you were combing my hair, then my hair got caught on my earring so I said, " Ouch, Jolene stop, my hair's caught!," but you kept on pulling with a grin on your face. Random huh?
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and Miguel's ogre hand? Hah, cracked me up! It kinda also looks like something you'd see in an old cave.
ReplyDeleteEek...I've had the reoccurring shark dreams...not fun. I've learned the meaning, but won't share, it's not good info....
ReplyDelete