Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Been 2 Weeks..

In case anyone was keeping track, it's been 2 whole weeks since I started my new year's resolution, and I've stayed with it.

I think this is thee very longest I have ever gone without biting my nails. No easy feat, I tell ya.

My nails have grown out some, but I keep filing them down to avoid the temptation of having nice, long nails calling out for me to bite them.

I know myself too well because this has happened before.

In the past, when I *temporarily* stopped biting them, they'd get long and I'd tell myself that I'd bite just one to take the edge off.
But 1 turns into 2, then into all 10, and after my relapse, I was right back where I started.
But not this time....I am staying strong.
And while my hands still look boyish (sad), the edges are nice and smooth as I continue to overcome the detox phase....

3 comments:

  1. woohoo Good for you!!!! Love the new background and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still bite your nails? I think I overcame that habit when I was like 11. But I think I have replaced it with flicking my nails.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jolene--
    I bite my nails, too. Good job on two weeks so far. Keep it up!

    Did you bite them when you were pregnant? That was the only time I had lovely long nails. All the extra growth helped, I guess.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Is anyone out there? Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ Otherwise, it's just me and the crickets. .